Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Know I Will Get Slaughtered For This But !

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
if you mean thats playing 2 wingers all the time...wrong...after that initial run we were getting mullered in midfield..2 wingers for each game never worked...get real
That's because our midfield is bloody shite,that's why gus packs out the defensive midfield area because he thinks it's our strenghs.The midfield has been our downfall for a long time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's because our midfield is bloody shite,that's why gus packs out the defensive midfield area because he thinks it's our strenghs.The midfield has been our downfall for a long time.

''our downfall'' hmm...down from where?..have a look at last seasons table and this current one and tell me down from where? Have a bit of patience and maybe in 2 years time then come back and make the same sort of claim..and we will see how far things have gone..down or up

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes he's a young manager who plays good attacking football,gus is defensive which is ancient in modern day football.

umm..nope the team play the football he is on the sidelines...what has he done so far with this ''attacking'' football any promotions? o and how many points did we get last year? get real ....this is championship the ''club'' is evolving

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
''our downfall'' hmm...down from where?..have a look at last seasons table and this current one and tell me down from where? Have a bit of patience and maybe in 2 years time then come back and make the same sort of claim..and we will see how far things have gone..down or up
I,ve already stated I'm backing gus,but next season will indicate what he's after.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I could be annoyed as I put money on us to win the league at 25-1.

Thing is I'm not an idiot, and anyone who is unhappy with Gus for winning the league last year and getting us near the play-offs this year is quite frankly a twat.

This has been a great season; the first in our new home and showing a real possibility for us to sustain and progress further in the future. Far better news than the divisional yo-yo'ing we did last time we had this level of success.

Anyone who has been a supporter for long enough must be able to remember what was happening when Gus arrived. We were shit, played at a shit ground, and were going in the wrong direction. I for one, will always love Gus for what he did.

Look at Liverpool, they thought they should have been doing better so sacked Benitez, and have been falling ever since, and can only dream of the success Benitez had (Champs league, 2nd place, regular European football)

Keep the faith, and remember how far we've come. The glass is half full my friends.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Boringgggggggggg
The world of football has an abundance of quality managers,you could take your pick so that's tosh,even the MKD's boss would do a great job here.

So you find your statement that plenty of managers are ready to carry on the job at the Albion, started by Gus and Tano, Boringggggggggg. I would be interested to see the list, I am unsure Robinson and Gorman who have not set League One alight with a budget would fare that well, one big advatage Gus has is in his ability to get player to sign for us on less money but bought into the way we play. Players of the calibre of Reyes/Mattock/Assulin are more likely to sign up to our system because they enjoy it rather than just sign for the highest payers.

Well just look at the problem Wolves have had putting in a qulaity manager and they have a budget and set up ahead of ours. Curbs has turned them down he would want a big budget to make us attractive and thankfully Tony has us managed just right

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find this sort of thread a bit worrying tbh. How many fans are there now who are going to view finishing outside the top 6 a FAILURE this season ?

I know we've got a load of new and returning fans who have helped pack out that stadium. But if there are large swathes of them who ultimately view THIS season as a disappointment, are they going to renew ? Because as most of us with a bit of perspective know, things aren't always going to be as good as this. If 8th in the Championship is being perceived as "not good enough", then god help us if we're bumbling round midtable or worse next season.

Perhaps the Palace scum are right about our plastics.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I,ve already stated I'm backing gus,but next season will indicate what he's after.

still waiting for the downfall bit...and next season..well who knows what will happen hopefully we will have as good if not better than this one.....time for me to get out and enjoy the sunshine....have a good day

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I could be annoyed as I put money on us to win the league at 25-1.

Thing is I'm not an idiot, and anyone who is unhappy with Gus for winning the league last year and getting us near the play-offs this year is quite frankly a twat.

This has been a great season; the first in our new home and showing a real possibility for us to sustain and progress further in the future. Far better news than the divisional yo-yo'ing we did last time we had this level of success.

Anyone who has been a supporter for long enough must be able to remember what was happening when Gus arrived. We were shit, played at a shit ground, and were going in the wrong direction. I for one, will always love Gus for what he did.

Look at Liverpool, they thought they should have been doing better so sacked Benitez, and have been falling ever since, and can only dream of the success Benitez had (Champs league, 2nd place, regular European football)

Keep the faith, and remember how far we've come. The glass is half full my friends.
Most of us are fully aware of our past as that's brought up to often,now we have a new stadium and higher expectations so people will expect better football and better prospects.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I mean christ, look at this for starters.
O put a sock in it chubby chops,look at our midfielders and think about it carefully.You explain why we have so few attempts at goal and why we are pinned back most games,a dominant midfield is key and that's what we're missing.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I find this sort of thread a bit worrying tbh. How many fans are there now who are going to view finishing outside the top 6 a FAILURE this season ?

I know we've got a load of new and returning fans who have helped pack out that stadium. But if there are large swathes of them who ultimately view THIS season as a disappointment, are they going to renew ? Because as most of us with a bit of perspective know, things aren't always going to be as good as this. If 8th in the Championship is being perceived as "not good enough", then god help us if we're bumbling round midtable or worse next season.

Perhaps the Palace scum are right about our plastics.

its not that i see it as a failure as such ,other teams hace failed too prove they are not good enough either and we have had a good chance to take advantage and through gus 's strange team selections at times we are going to miss out ,and yes i will renew next year

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Most of us are fully aware of our past as that's brought up to often,now we have a new stadium and higher expectations so people will expect better football and better prospects.

And of course they want it all now now NOW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here