Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hurricane Helene (Florida)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The weather channel (NBC) is now reporting a total of 30 deaths and expecting more.

EDIT: AP is confirming the 30 death toll from Hurricane Helene.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said the damage from Helene appeared to be greater than the combined damage of Idalia and Hurricane Debby in August. “It’s demoralizing,” he said.

“Please write your name, birthday, and important information on your arm or leg in a PERMANENT MARKER so that you can be identified and family notified,” the sheriff’s office in mostly rural Taylor County, Florida, warned those who chose not to evacuate in a Facebook post. The dire advice was similar to what other officials have dolled out during past hurricanes.
(a grim reminder of what could be the result if you stayed in your home)

Last edited:

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Reporting from Sarasota where the sun is out and you'd really never know there was a Hurricane yesterday. The barriers islands got walloped by storm surge. Lived through 1987 Hurricane Fish, 2011 Super Storm Sandy and this will be my 7th near miss since then. I apparently attract them but not so much that they fully visit. Sad sights north of me and into GA, SC etc. Nature really is a thing. Had been a relatively quiet summer.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Thought I'd leave this one here for all of the inevitable Phd's who know that this Hurricane was a result of man made Climate Change.

IMG_9134.JPG

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Thought I'd leave this one here for all of the inevitable Phd's who know that this Hurricane was a result of man made Climate Change.

View attachment 189473
I think
it is general accepted by climatists there won’t be more hurricanes as a result of CC but they will be more intense and change speed much faster ( which presents a particular danger)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Recap:

Hurricane Helene live updates: 52 killed, including mom and her twin infant sons​

(Click on MSN)

Rescues are ongoing and the cleanup is underway on Saturday after Hurricane Helene made landfall in Florida's Big Bend region Thursday night as a massive Category 4 hurricane -- the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the Big Bend on record.

The storm surge, wind damage and inland flooding from Helene has been catastrophic, impacting Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. Dozens have been killed and millions are still without power.

The remnants of Helene continue to bring rain to areas like Nashville, Paducah, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Detroit.

There are no new flood watches in effect and the overall flood threat is low.

Buncombe County, North Carolina, officials described "biblical devastation" as the storm resulted in multiple fatalities and at least 60 people unaccounted for.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

(click on MSN)

What it’s like in Asheville after Helene​

A friend said that at times it looked like an episode of “Walking Dead,” with people wandering in the streets.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Not sure who "they" are. Presumably the same people she claimed had space lasers?

I think you know who she means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here