Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How To Avoid Trick or Treaters

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
A kid came up to me and my girlfriend in the pub and said trick or treat. I told him to f*** off and he burst into tears. His mum had a go at me and I said "If you think your kid is old enough to take to a pub and basically beg with your permission, he's old enough to find out just how cruel and unfair life can be". She started arguing and I told her to f*** off too. I don't mind kids knocking on the door and doing it politely but these kids were aggressive and actively encouraged to go into the pub by their mum. The landlord came out and had a right go at her. Basically told her she was a disgrace.

Jan 30, 2008
A kid came up to me and my girlfriend in the pub and said trick or treat. I told him to f*** off and he burst into tears. His mum had a go at me and I said "If you think your kid is old enough to take to a pub and basically beg with your permission, he's old enough to find out just how cruel and unfair life can be". She started arguing and I told her to f*** off too. I don't mind kids knocking on the door and doing it politely but these kids were aggressive and actively encouraged to go into the pub by their mum. The landlord came out and had a right go at her. Basically told her she was a disgrace.
you told a kid to f*** off .........???

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
you told a kid to f*** off .........???

Yes. When I refused to give him money he said "Mean twat". Now who taught him that? My exact words were "f*** off you little prick". His mum's obviously said worse to him than that and when I pointed that out she only proved it.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes. When I refused to give him money he said "Mean twat". Now who taught him that? My exact words were "f*** off you little prick". His mum's obviously said worse to him than that and when I pointed that out she only proved it.
maybe next time you'll get told to" f*** off you little prick" :whistle:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

What kind of "f*** Off" was it? staring down your pint f*** off, or a to the face f*** off?
I commend you.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
What kind of "f*** Off" was it? staring down your pint f*** off, or a to the face f*** off?
I commend you.

I leaned in to his face and said it very quietly and menacingly. He then ran off crying t o his mum yelling "That man just told me to f*** off". I had an almost 15 minute row with her. I repeatedly asked her who in her household taught him the word "twat" and why she thought it was ok to let her kids roam around the pub basically begging off people while she and her reprobate f***ing boyfriend got pissed. He was so drunk he just kept telling her to leave it. He didn't have the energy or sobriety to debate anything. She just kept shouting and calling me a.. well the word we're not allowed to say on here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

:thumbsup::bowdown::clap2:

Quality story, and I would probably be tempted to do the same, although maybe not to that extreme.

I hate this 'event', largely because I don't really get it, or what it is meant to be celebrating. Dress up as a 'scary' character and go and beg people for sweets, threatening them if they don't comply? Come again? All that after you've carved out a pumpkin and stuck some lights in it? Forget that.

I can't stop the rest of the Bobkins doing it – they are off to a 'party' – because it is 'fun' apparently. :nono:

Having said that, the Modern Family Halloween special is pretty funny.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Having said that, the Modern Family Halloween special is pretty funny.
so is the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror – which normally rips the piss out of the whole American Halloween thing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think that Trick or Treating is great metaphor for young Americans, start them off with " give me something nice or I will do something bad to you ". The adult version upgrades to " Do as the US wants or we bomb your arses."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I leaned in to his face and said it very quietly and menacingly. He then ran off crying t o his mum yelling "That man just told me to f*** off". I had an almost 15 minute row with her. I repeatedly asked her who in her household taught him the word "twat" and why she thought it was ok to let her kids roam around the pub basically begging off people while she and her reprobate f***ing boyfriend got pissed. He was so drunk he just kept telling her to leave it. He didn't have the energy or sobriety to debate anything. She just kept shouting and calling me a.. well the word we're not allowed to say on here.

If this is indeed what you did you really did make some work for yourself. I wonder what your girlfriend thought of you having a go at a kid then having a stand up row with the Mum, must have made for a delightful evening. Sometimes it's hard to tell the adults from the kids (jokes aside).

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I'm going to be out tonight with my baseball bat, always think of it as a zombie apocalypse, if they run they're humans, if they don't...
Great Fun.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

Good on yer. Chocolate demanding, money grabbing, foul mouthed little twat ( the kid, not you obviously :) )

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I remember a few years back I worked with an Albanian guy who was studying for his British citizenship test. He had to buy a book with all the multiple choice questions in, of which he would have to get 90% or something from - most of us got hardly any right, completely pointless exercise, but anyways. One of the questions was "What should you do on 31st October if someone knocks on your door offering you "a trick"?". I can't remember what the 4th option was but as well as "Give them some sweets", there was "Chase them down the street" and "Call the police". It sparked a long debate about what the correct answer should be.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Now one mini twix down. Opened the door thinking it was somebody else

Very polite child with scary mask though - the darkened minder at the end of the driveway was more intimidating though!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here