Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of you went to the Charity Shield match in 1910?

Were you there?

• Yes and I'm still in fine fettle

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • No I was killed in the Boer War

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • No I was just a glint in the milkman's eye

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I missed it due to the simultaneous national village idiot trials being held in Droitwich

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brightonfan_86 said:
I actually missed it due to the simultaneous national village idiot trials being held in Droitwich

I take it 1066 won then

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My great granfather was there :clap: :clap: :clap:

He sat next to Easy 10 (he had just started work for Jones the Butcher as a delivery boy and had his bike nicked after the game by some cheeky young scamp called Beach Hut...)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was thinking of going but i was in Pater's sperm sack who come to think of it was in my Grandpapa's sperm sack!!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I missed the game because I was away on holiday, but I managed to listen to the wireless broadcast on the Titanic.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was killed in the Boer War but it didn't stop me from going. None of this "oh but the Oval is such a shit place to watch football, the stands are too far from the pitch and there's no cover" we were REAL fans in those days. We had a bit of a tear-up with the Villa fans beforehand, fair play though the Villa boys were well up for it and it got a bit tasty. I got a wack from a cudgel and a nasty poke from a swordstick.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
perth seagull said:
I missed the game because I was away on holiday, but I managed to listen to the wireless broadcast on the Titanic.
Liar! Titanic wasn't launched until the following year.

I couldn't make it. I was too busy looking at sites to build a stadium.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was tempted but put off by the ticket prices.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I didn't go because I preferred watching us at away venues such as The Nest in Norwich, Woolwich Arsenal in Plumstead and Newton Heath's fine enclosure in east Manchester. You cannot get any decent atmosphere going on Kennington Oval's park benches - rattle-swinging whilst sitting down just seems wrong to me. Plus 2 shillings to get in?! I should cocoa.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Brovian said:
I was killed in the Boer War but it didn't stop me from going. None of this "oh but the Oval is such a shit place to watch football, the stands are too far from the pitch and there's no cover" we were REAL fans in those days. We had a bit of a tear-up with the Villa fans beforehand, fair play though the Villa boys were well up for it and it got a bit tasty. I got a wack from a cudgel and a nasty poke from a swordstick.

Well I was watching us beat Villa 1-0 at Stamford Bridge; don't know what game you were at!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here