Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp,if found guilty ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What could he face as a punishment. Fine,Jail,Service order (community payback) Perhaps he could read a Fairytale to some children (like being the next England manager) in a classroom,but then can he read ??:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What could he face as a punishment. Fine,Jail,Service order (community payback) Perhaps he could read a Fairytale to some children (like being the next England manager) in a classroom,but then can he read ??:lolol:

He certainly can't write.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Fine ,if found guilty I reckon.Not jail but suspended sentence maybe,if they dish that kind of thing out for this sort of offence.

Personally,I like 'arry and I hope he is not convicted.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not privvy,obviously, to all the evidence but from what the news have been saying I think that him and Mandaric will be found not guilty.

Even though they are probably as guilty as hell. I reckon "ole arry" could fall into a vat of horse shit and crawl out the other side smelling of roses.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As I recall, HMRC got on to Lester Piggot's case and told him to come clean and declare everything, he paid a fine and back taxes. Then HMRC found another account that he had not disclosed and so the book was thrown and he did time. There was talk about a tax investigation concerning Harry before this blew up........

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've got a gut feeling that Redknapp is innocent and rather dim (more than just a gut feeling on the second point!). Mandaric is almost certainly a crook (in my opinion, allegedly etc).

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If he does go to jail, the main victims will be NSC, being subjected to a thousand threads about Gus going to Spurs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the latest news that HMRC are offering an amnesty for anybody who have avoided taxes I would expect the worst scenario for him would be a suspended sentence.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People who avoid paying their dues to that extent are absolute scum in my eyes.

To be clear, as I understand it, he's moved £125k or something into an offshore account without declaring it to the revenue, and then tried bringing it back into the country. Last night he said "I'd never fiddle my tax, I'd rather pay more tax than too little"

Yeah right, as we can all see by your recent actions Redknapp you absolute turd.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Redknapp is like one of these mafia dons, he never, ever gets found guilty of ANYTHING. He just plays up to the dopey, chirpy Cockney stereotype and the media lap it up.

I'll eat my HAT if he gets convicted of this (although I do seem to remember once drunkenly promising to run around Falmer Pond naked the day the diggers moved in on the Amex site, so I may not keep my word here :lol:)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"I'd never fiddle my tax, I'd rather pay more tax than too little"

That was just quote of the week, wasn't it? I mean, there's trying to plead your innocence, and then there's downright LIES. Nobody, not even us peasants, Harry, would rather pay MORE tax. I also laughed when he got the hump because he thought a policeman was staring at him in court. What the...? Has he shouted at the jury yet, out of interest? I bet a few of them have looked at him on occasion too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It appears the defence is all based on the fact, true or otherwise, that Mandaric gave him the money as a gift for a friend rather than to do with his work and him being due to receive it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That was just quote of the week, wasn't it? I mean, there's trying to plead your innocence, and then there's downright LIES. Nobody, not even us peasants, Harry, would rather pay MORE tax. I also laughed when he got the hump because he thought a policeman was staring at him in court. What the...? Has he shouted at the jury yet, out of interest? I bet a few of them have looked at him on occasion too.
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here