Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry and Paul...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
irredeemable shite? or am I missing something??

HarryPaul.jpg

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I was gonna start a thread on this after watching it on sunday night but didn't think anyone would of watched it because it was so bad the lamest jokes and characters (parking pataway ) I turned over with 10 mins left
Harry Enfield & Paul Whitehouse two of my favourite comics reduced to that shite

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Most comedies/formats have 'currency', and begin to wane quite quickly. Little Britain did one (?) mainstream series, then something about an airport, which wasn't much kop. It's just a human need for novelty, that seems to have been turned up several notches...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think The Catherine Tate show was the last good show of funny sketches, characters & catchphrases since then I can't think of anything that's come close shame after this country produced
The Fast Show
Monty Python
Harry Enfield & friends
Little Britain
And any others I've forgot to mention

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
It's Andy Warhols's 15 minutes of fame writ large. I suppose it's better than 30 years of Morecambe and Wise, and The Two Ronnies et al. And don't get me started on all the luvvies pitching up on TV these days for nostalgic looks back to the days of old :mad:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think The Catherine Tate show was the last good show of funny sketches, characters & catchphrases since then I can't think of anything that's come close shame after this country produced
The Fast Show
Monty Python
Harry Enfield & friends
Little Britain
And any others I've forgot to mention

Vic Reeves Big Night Out

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Vic Reeves Big Night Out

Little Britain suffered because every week it repeated the same joke (Bloke in wheelchair gets out behind carer's back / Transvestite insists he's a lady etc)

Python, at the time (69-72) was easily the funniest thing I had ever seen - but even they ran out of ideas eventually and, I believe, Cleese left at one stage because he realised it. Some sketches in their later shows were abysmal. The same happened to the films (Meaning of Life was rubbish)

Fawlty was the ideal model. Just 12 shows and they all become classics.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Should watch cuckoo !

Meanwhile I'm catching up on 'our war' which is very good and interesting.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
thought it was ok,never going to be as good as the classic Enfield and whitehouse stuff but better than most of the shit thats on.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Enfield and Whitehouse - REDEEM YOURSELVES..!!!"

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

all of these characters are funny - not sure any others are

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
And I thought this thread was about Harry (Redknap) and Paul (Jewell)'s futures.
Oh well....

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Talking of terrible comedy...does anyone find Count Arthur Strong on radio 4 vaguely amusing? It seems the whole premise is a man who gets words confused. My ears still haven't forgiven me for having it on on the way home last week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here