Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy 65th Birthday to the LEGEND Peter Ward

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Meet the man in a petrol station chatted over the pumps briefly thinking back we were both so young then, I can see him in my minds eye now huge curly Barnet shirt open three buttons collar like wings flapping in the breeze, obscenely tight trousers with the biggest flares like a wing sock pointing towards the direction for take off, he made his mini look huge so slight

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Happy 65th Birthday to the BHAFC LEGEND Peter Ward

What was your favorite moment ? Ward 4 Mellor 3

I was 9 years old at that game. May have sent a message to him yesterday mentioning that match! 0-0 at half-time and 7 nil at the final whistle. Wardy is still my hero, he is the only player I've ever felt that delicious frisson with. One always looked for the teamsheet as if he was on it, the game took a whole other meaning. The only other player I have ever felt something similar with was Spanish maestro Vicente, that is praise enough for Wardy as Vicente was truly world class and it showed.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Slight correction

Probably, among many. I think my abiding memory of Wardy was the way he could turn on a sixpence. He would have his back to a defender, receive the ball, and spin past him in a flash, run straight to goal one on one with the keeper and slot it away. The perfect example of that was on Bill Kitchener at Millwall (1977/78) when we won 1-0.

Still my all time Albion hero. :bowdown:

Barry Kitchener.

The sense of anticipation when Wardy picked the ball up on the half way was something else. Invariably he would score or win a penalty for Nobby to put away.

The state of pitches and the robust tackling in the seventies makes him even more special.

Will always be my favourite player. What would he be worth if he was in his prime today?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Barry Kitchener.

The sense of anticipation when Wardy picked the ball up on the half way was something else. Invariably he would score or win a penalty for Nobby to put away.

The state of pitches and the robust tackling in the seventies makes him even more special.

Will always be my favourite player. What would he be worth if he was in his prime today?

Barry of course! Bill played for West Ham - the ‘Wall would have loved that. Then you’ve got Lord Kitchener, he had nothing to do with Millwall or football, he just told you that your country needed you and promptly sent you to be slaughtered on the Western Front.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That first minute goal against Derby was something special. Think the ground had been full an hour before ko!

Probably the ManUwinner when he came back on loan though. It was pi**ing with rain and we'd lost our roof by then, but him smashing it in and beating the scum was super special at a time when my life was a bit s***.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is still part of the old mailing list fantasy league, as a few of us internet old timers can attest.

Happy Birthday Wardy :thumbsup:

Legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here