Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guard of honour

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
As the league fixtures have been manipulated so that the first game at our new home is against the last team we played at our old home,
With Donnie buying into significance of this match what our the chances of them giving us a guard of honour tomorrow.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I would think virtually nil.

As Gus said last week was for all the emotional stuff and old boys etc. Saturday is business!!!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No chance, and neither should they. A guard of honour is to honour the achievement of the players coming out, and our team haven't bought, or built the stadium.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
No chance, and neither should they. A guard of honour is to honour the achievement of the players coming out, and our team haven't bought, or built the stadium.

If it was any other opponent then then I would not of even suggested it may happen.
The fact that they were the last team we played at the goldstone & they were well represented at fans united.

Maybe there is an argument that we welcome them to our new home with some gratitude.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They will be too busy complaining about their dressing room. :mad:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
If it was any other opponent then then I would not of even suggested it may happen.
The fact that they were the last team we played at the goldstone & they were well represented at fans united.

Maybe there is an argument that we welcome them to our new home with some gratitude.

I wouldn't have a problem if we gave them a guard of honour.

I doubt if Gus would though, it's business.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Yes it is business & all the right noises about that have been made.
So why manipulate the fixture list if it is to go unnoticed.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
But, as I understand things, the club didn't manipulate the fixture list. If the NSC gossip is correct, Sussex police manipulated the fixture list because they wanted a easy game to Police first.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

It's not going unnoticed. The Brighton board are making a presentation to the Doncaster board in the boardroom pre-match.

Gus doesn't want any more showbiz on the pitch, it's down to business!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
As the league fixtures have been manipulated so that the first game at our new home is against the last team we played at our old home,
With Donnie buying into significance of this match what our the chances of them giving us a guard of honour tomorrow.

They'll be here, try to nick 3 points, pack those on the coach and head home.....I'm so hopeful they read "our script" for the day but they are Professionals and I wouldn't expect anything else. I'm sure on behalf of myself and the rest of The Amex, we wish them a great welcome tomorrow............

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton

Go unnoticed... is that a joke.
1. Football focus will be doing their show from the amex tomorrow so there will be a section of that about us and about donny
2. Football league show- in which we are one of the feature games
3. The radio shows that are doing coverage of the game and the bit beforehand
4. The number of times we have had people from the club on talk shows to talk about our first league game and the significance of it being against doncaster
The amount of notice this game is getting is unreal

Feb 14, 2010
I think we should give donny a guard of honour. They were quality on the last day at the soldstone and we should repay their respect

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here