Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer & Conway Start For Scotland...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Clean sheet for the Albion skipper. Conway looked lively. Both did 90 mins.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Thought Greer played well from the glimpses I saw, aside from one moment where he got blitzed for pace near the end of the game.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We'll have nearly half the Scotland team playing for us soon. Greer, Bridcutt, Conway and CMS. Tartan away kit next season please Barber.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Congratulations to our skipper Gordon Greer and also to Craig Conway on their inaugural caps for Scotland. I am sure you are very proud and on behalf of the Albas we are extremely happy for you both.

TNBA

TTF

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Seems, according to reports that Conway had the best chance...with only the Goalie to beat,he scuffed his shot and it went wide....seen that somewhere before...

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Watched the 90 mins on ESPN. Greer was badly caught for pace towards the end of a game, and against more motivated forwards a goal would mist likely have resulted. And on another occaison got in a bit of a tangle and looked panicked. Without too much going on though he looke reasonably composed.

Conway got a fair bit of the ball, got into some decent positions but failed to deliver from that point - a point picked up by the commentary team at least once.

Good to see the Albion represented internationally though.

Anyone remember when the Republic had Ryan, Grealish and Lawrenson turning out for them? I saw that trio against England in a Wembley friendly, around 1980! - assuming all 3 were on the pitch at the same time.

Dec 29, 2011
We'll have nearly half the Scotland team playing for us soon. Greer, Bridcutt, Conway and CMS. Tartan away kit next season please Barber.

Just remembering when Bridcutt got his first cap. A lot of people didn't know who he was. He puts in a cracking performance, gets praise left right and centre and now I reckon he'd be one of their best players. 50 caps for Bridcutt?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Greer was ok and defended very resolutely without diving in which was being praised. Thought Conway was average, he missed a relatively good chance, but as per when he plays for us can't cross with his left foot, and this was picked up by the commentators.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
When was the last time we had two players playing for the same international side?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Greer proving the vast majority of this board wrong by being picked for his superb form and keeps a clean sheet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here