Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Support

safctillidie

Jun 2, 2004
Can i take this opportunity as a Sunderland fan to thank the fans that travelled to the sol, there was about 1,500 and they didnt half make some noise, your team came up here with a plan and it worked you kept the team and our fans quiete in 1st half and respect to ya, but 2nd half i think the class told. I am now off on the drink and going clubbing with some of your lot so again be proud of your lot today and look forward to seeing you all at your place.

s.a.f.c

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We'll show you who's class, at the stadium of shite.:angry:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
safctillidie said:
Can i take this opportunity as a Sunderland fan to thank the fans that travelled to the sol, there was about 1,500 and they didnt half make some noise, your team came up here with a plan and it worked you kept the team and our fans quiete in 1st half and respect to ya, but 2nd half i think the class told. I am now off on the drink and going clubbing with some of your lot so again be proud of your lot today and look forward to seeing you all at your place.

s.a.f.c

Cheers

Spoke to a mate (he's Sunderland) straight after the game who said a) we didn't disgrace ourselves and b) BHA fans were a credit

We were never going to win, so not going to lose too much sleep tonight over it ;)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think he means we'll win at Withdean

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Alas work meant that I was unable to get up, and SoL was one of the stadiums I really wanted to visit. On hte radio it sounded like we sung well and did the team and club proud.

As for the result it seemed that when we switched from the 3 5 2 formation to the 4 4 2, looking for a win then it fell apart allowing your superior skill and class to finnaly shine through.

Look forward to seeing you at Withdean if you have never been it will be a real culture shock, it is even worse then it looks on TV.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
safctillidie said:
I dont mean nothing just congratulating your support today

that 'what does this post mean' wasn't aimed at you safc.

Thanks for your comments, we're proud of our away support, don't expect the same at Withdean tho'

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've heard the girls are easy in Sunderland mate, have a good night, only Quasimado couldn't pull in sunderland !. :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sorry. I've spent too long on the Palace site recently. The aggression tends to rub off.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Our amazing away support

Dunno how many we had - will get official figures on Monday from the SoL ... but thought I would share this with you:

A good friend, who is a Sunderland season ticket holder and seated at the opposite end of the SOL, twice told me (at half time by text message and at the end by phone) that we were the best away support he'd seen or heard at the SoL since they were relegated from the Premier League. He also said the giant flag was the biggest he'd ever seen!!!

I thought the noise we made - particularly before they scored the second, was awesome!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Spoke to said friend in post #1 an hour ago and he said he reckoned we had at least 1,800, possibly more than 2,000 judging by the space we filled .... be interested for the exact attendance

BTW the Ready to Go site is filling up with Sunderland appreciation of our away support .... well done everyone

Shame we did nothing to impress on the pitch

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I loved this comment :lolol:

I thought there would be a mini bus of southern softy croquet playing victor meldrews but I was ever so impressed with the enthusiam and vocal support given .
From where I was in south east corner they were more vocal than safc fans and were more like us than us
It's a very long and expensive trip to support an average team
Good on ya's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here