Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter though

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’d rather look at the fact that we got unlucky with the penalty because that foul on Welbeck in the build up should have been a card and a free kick to us. Who knows what might have happened in the second half if it had stayed 0-0 at HT

Wrong initial selection and shape last night, we were penned in... not sure why he picked the middle two he did, especially missing our 'engine room' in midfield?!? However that said, he rectified a bit of a mess as best as he could, and the stats suggest we were very much in the game... a draw was a fair result, but we do need to start Moder in the middle if Biss is missing and (sadly) I fear Gross is becoming less and less of a starter... I hope he's learned from that, because if Biss is missing for the Arsenal match we need a FAR more mobile midfield.

Kind of agree with both of you. If we'd gone in at 0-0 we would have rectified the situation and stood a chance of the three points. The penalty annoyed me because, although both Cucurella and Trossard's challenges were fouls, Welbeck was assaulted in the build up. "Call me Dre" Mariner was a disgrace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loving the fans on here suggesting that they could probably have done a better job than GP last night :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kind of agree with both of you. If we'd gone in at 0-0 we would have rectified the situation and stood a chance of the three points. The penalty annoyed me because, although both Cucurella and Trossard's challenges were fouls, Welbeck was assaulted in the build up. "Call me Dre" Mariner was a disgrace.

Trossard may have cost us a penalty last night but I’ll take the rougher tougher Leandro every day and twice on Sundays

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He’s never blamed adversity, poor decisions etc even when it’s blatant. Last season some people were infuriated he didn’t put pressure on officials or rant after games.

However he’s showing a management intelligence far above what you expect from a football manager. Focus on what you can control, not what you can’t. Always keep it about you.

Nice post, well put! He oozes class.......

TNBA

TTF

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have been impressed with him from day one, sometimes baffled me with his selections, and sometimes he has been done tactically, if he hasn't had a fit squad to choose from, but I would not swap him for any other manager in this division.

Not even Pep or Jurgen? Oh come on! :)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Trossard may have cost us a penalty last night but I’ll take the rougher tougher Leandro every day and twice on Sundays

It was a forwards challenge though. He should be right up the pitch leaving the defending to the defenders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here