Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golf Club advice

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
OK, I'm a very occasional golfer and have a set of clubs I've had for more years than I care to remember.

I'm not good enough to justify thousands on clubs (struggle to play to an 18 handicap) but need a bit of an upgrade.

So the question is what are the best "hacker" clubs and can I get some for say £500 ish?

Have been warned off eBay etc and 2nd hand as you don't know how the clubs have been used etc.

Ta,

Tim

I bought myself some Cleveland CG16 irons for £350 back in February. Tried them first then bought on-line. Great clubs and I am playing about 4 to 5 shots better a round and think (hope!) that there's more in the tank. Get yourself a set of these and a low cost sand iron (£20) , plus a second hand putter (£20), R9 Driver(about £99) and a 5 wood (R9 5 wood is about £60).
Full set will cost you about £500 , good value and worth considering in my opinion.

Hope this helps and enjoy the game; it truly is a great game to play, especially here in Scotland.

TNBA

TTF
Recommend you try first though.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Oops, showing my lack of experience, it's 28 I struggle to play to, not 18. Thanks for all the advice and tips, probably going to look at the 2nd hand market now and "cavity" back seems to be the way! TY

basically you want the biggest club head u can get... i wouldn't recommend bladed clubs...

something like this.. nicely offset and cavity backed Callaway Big Bertha Irons Set | eBay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here