Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Plucky south London minnows Crystal Palace secured their first win of the season yesterday against a below par Burnley. A dissapointing crowd of just 13,000 saw Palace run out 2-0 winners giving under pressure rookie manager Dougie Freedman a stay of execution from the dreaded vote of confidence. Palace's team of journeymen with a sprinkling of minor internationals made the most of a fixture against another of their fellow Championship strugglers but this result will do little to convince the bookies that Palace are in for anything other than a season fighting for survival at the foot of the table. Injury prone star signing Glen Murray was nowhere to be seen at Selhurst Park having failed to recieve all his inoculations for infectious diseases since his Summer move from League 1 champions Brighton, a move prompted by Murray falling down the pecking order of strikers at second in the table Brighton and manager Gus Poyet only prepared to offer Murray what he was worth. Palace on the other hand were prepared to offer way above market value for Murray and so the enigmatic dour faced cumbrian made the move to Selhurst park but unsurprisingly chose to remain living in Brighton. Palace manager Freedman whilst delighted with the 2-0 victory was downbeat about the poor turnout at Selhurst saying, "Obviously a lot of our fans are still in custody following the riots in Croydon during the week but I know we have a lot of closet fans and I'm sure now that Pride in Brighton has finished they will be here at the next home game".

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Murray out for 4 weeks. Got his ego wedged up his own @rse in an overhead kick type scenario in the opening game. They have to wade through 3000 Palace supporters to retrieve it.
Nasty job trying to differentiate sh!t amongst sh!t.

TNBA

TTF

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Plucky south London minnows Crystal Palace secured their first win of the season yesterday against a below par Burnley. A dissapointing crowd of just 13,000 saw Palace run out 2-0 winners giving under pressure rookie manager Dougie Freedman a stay of execution from the dreaded vote of confidence. Palace's team of journeymen with a sprinkling of minor internationals made the most of a fixture against another of their fellow Championship strugglers but this result will do little to convince the bookies that Palace are in for anything other than a season fighting for survival at the foot of the table. Injury prone star signing Glen Murray was nowhere to be seen at Selhurst Park having failed to recieve all his inoculations for infectious diseases since his Summer move from League 1 champions Brighton, a move prompted by Murray falling down the pecking order of strikers at second in the table Brighton and manager Gus Poyet only prepared to offer Murray what he was worth. Palace on the other hand were prepared to offer way above market value for Murray and so the enigmatic dour faced cumbrian made the move to Selhurst park but unsurprisingly chose to remain living in Brighton. Palace manager Freedman whilst delighted with the 2-0 victory was downbeat about the poor turnout at Selhurst saying, "Obviously a lot of our fans are still in custody following the riots in Croydon during the week but I know we have a lot of closet fans and I'm sure now that Pride in Brighton has finished they will be here at the next home game".

"Obviously a lot of our fans are still in custody following the riots in Croydon during the week but I know we have a lot of closet fans and I'm sure now that Pride in Brighton has finished they will be here at the next home game".

Now that is funny!

TNBA

TTF

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Deserved 3 points, and i'm sure both Palace fans and Brighton fans would take the table finishing as it looks today. (Though i'm sure I'd rather you were one spot lower and we were 2 spots higher, just to get 2 playoff matches going).

Dear god could you imagine two Palarse Brighton playoff matches? It would be carnage and i honestly don't know what would happen if we lost to you in a potential Prem making game. Think Tony might just close the club and walk into the sea and i'd have to go to london via kent so i wouldn't have to go anywhere near you guys.

We'd hate to see you promoted, but it'd also be nice to see a team get promoted while going about it the right way. I'm sure you're witnessing the Championship way of flair players being booted into the stand. You just have to cope with it, hope you get a good ref and keep playing football.

Its amazing, you would think that it would be a better class of footy up here in the championship but i have only seen glimpses of class in Donny or Pompey and lots of thuggery. I dont understand it.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
He's injured. Headline news for them on the local paper headlined:

"PALACE ROCKED BY MURRAY INJURY"

Apparently he went into hospital ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With the money saved from Murray, we have been able to sign the injury free KLL and Hoskins to replace him........

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Apparently he has suffered a very bad break, he's broken one of his fingernails while picking up his wages and is likely to be out for upto a month.

I heard it was a paper cut to his index finger which happened when he counted his wages to make sure that he hadn't been short changed.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Its amazing, you would think that it would be a better class of footy up here in the championship but i have only seen glimpses of class in Donny or Pompey and lots of thuggery. I dont understand it.
Not surprised by Portsmouth.

Donny play good football whenever i've seen them, but prone to the odd bad tackle.

Burnley were one of the worst i'd seen. Though Garvan finally grew a pair after the 3rd poor tackle on him. Burnley's captain creamed him when the ref wasn't looking. Garvan went down and the physio came on. 2 minutes later, Garvan kicked the skipper in the leg, then kept going and flattened another Burnley player. Proud of him for that one.

You have to have a certain amount of tackling and force in this league. I go back to Swansea, their midfield had battlers in it, but had Dyer, Sinclair and Borini in there to be the attacking threat.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

:)

excellent stuff

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not surprised by Portsmouth.

Donny play good football whenever i've seen them, but prone to the odd bad tackle.

Burnley were one of the worst i'd seen. Though Garvan finally grew a pair after the 3rd poor tackle on him. Burnley's captain creamed him when the ref wasn't looking. Garvan went down and the physio came on. 2 minutes later, Garvan kicked the skipper in the leg, then kept going and flattened another Burnley player. Proud of him for that one.

You have to have a certain amount of tackling and force in this league. I go back to Swansea, their midfield had battlers in it, but had Dyer, Sinclair and Borini in there to be the attacking threat.

Good day to you and I personally think it not a bad thing if, via this board and BBS, that there can be some reasonable dialogue without recourse to vitriolic abuse.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Good day to you and I personally think it not a bad thing if, via this board and BBS, that there can be some reasonable dialogue without recourse to vitriolic abuse.
I will give out some childish abuse with the rest, but think it's good to have a discussion on here about other things.

I know there are all sorts of rumours about Murray, his contract etc.

My honest opinion on him is that he doesn't put the effort in that we may be used to after having Vaughan last year, but he is obviously talented. You don't score 20 goals if you aren't in the right position to score them. He also looks like he'll give away a lot of fouls, but he'll also get his fair share of fouls and win his fair share of headers.

He's not our highest earner, nor is he on a massive wage. Our wage cap is £12k p/w, and only 1 player is within 2k of that and it's Ambrose. McCarthy and Speroni as well as new signing Dikgacoi are around the £10k p/w mark with Murray and a few others around the £8-9k p/w mark.

If Murray can get 10 goals this season and set up a decent amount, it'll be a good first season in the Championship for him.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I will give out some childish abuse with the rest, but think it's good to have a discussion on here about other things.

I know there are all sorts of rumours about Murray, his contract etc.

My honest opinion on him is that he doesn't put the effort in that we may be used to after having Vaughan last year, but he is obviously talented. You don't score 20 goals if you aren't in the right position to score them. He also looks like he'll give away a lot of fouls, but he'll also get his fair share of fouls and win his fair share of headers.

He's not our highest earner, nor is he on a massive wage. Our wage cap is £12k p/w, and only 1 player is within 2k of that and it's Ambrose. McCarthy and Speroni as well as new signing Dikgacoi are around the £10k p/w mark with Murray and a few others around the £8-9k p/w mark.

If Murray can get 10 goals this season and set up a decent amount, it'll be a good first season in the Championship for him.

Fine, my reply was a generalisation and not specifically directed to GM or anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here