Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Injured? That's sad to hear :D

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Got creamed last week by a Peterboro player last week and landed badly. Should be back for Saturday though Tuesday will be too soon.

We looked a better team without him, and even better when Ambrose went off.

Our first goal was a great move. Second was the result of Scannell (who has come of age) ripping the arse out of Burnley's left back for 70+ minutes and finally being brought down.

Could and should have been more bar some woeful finishing.

Deserved 3 points, and i'm sure both Palace fans and Brighton fans would take the table finishing as it looks today. (Though i'm sure I'd rather you were one spot lower and we were 2 spots higher, just to get 2 playoff matches going).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We looked a better team without him, and even better when Ambrose went off.
Intersting, thought he was your star man.
Deserved 3 points, and i'm sure both Palace fans and Brighton fans would take the table finishing as it looks today. (Though i'm sure I'd rather you were one spot lower and we were 2 spots higher, just to get 2 playoff matches going).
Obviously we would, but you're telling me that Palace fans would be happy with finishing top half while watching us get promoted? I assume Palace would rather finish 4th from bottom than see us get promoted. Again.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Intersting, thought he was your star man.
Obviously we would, but you're telling me that Palace fans would be happy with finishing top half while watching us get promoted? I assume Palace would rather finish 4th from bottom than see us get promoted. Again.
We'd hate to see you promoted, but it'd also be nice to see a team get promoted while going about it the right way. I'm sure you're witnessing the Championship way of flair players being booted into the stand. You just have to cope with it, hope you get a good ref and keep playing football. Something that we are trying to do this season under Dougie. And it's something that our Academy do and showed in the friendlies in pre-season.

Ambrose is supposed to be our star man, but has not looked anything like his best since he got injured early last season, and he also doesn't really fit in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 as he can't defend and isn't really fast enough to track back.

Honestly, if we were ever forced to sell a player, right now it would be Ambrose.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
1st year of his contract, will get a lot of injuries in the next two years. Then he will score a few, but that wont consern us as we will be in the prem by then.

still be picking up his 22k / week though :wink:

Not if they pay him like they do the ambulance services, he'll get £220 a week, and have to clean the stands after every home game.
I hope.

No, actually - I prefer he rarely ever plays for the buggers and milks them of money like a leech. 'Agent Murray' :thumbsup:

Their supporters (unwashed) already suspect he's lazy and useless!

It's questionable whether they'll play him when they visit us, as his presence might just turn into too much of a sideshow.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'd hate to see you promoted, but it'd also be nice to see a team get promoted while going about it the right way.
Please try not to be too considered with your posts, I've got a hatred to keep up here.
I'm sure you're witnessing the Championship way of flair players being booted into the stand. You just have to cope with it, hope you get a good ref and keep playing football.
Only two games in, there were a few challenges from Donny, and Portsmouth weren't dirty (ref yesterday didn't seem to like hard tackles, which suited us more than them), and although Gus has us playing a passing style, we're not exactly flair.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
As requested by Triggaaar, you're all bent, Brighton bastards.

But seriously, Lua-Lua will be kicked up in the air all season. It'll take him a season to get used to it, he's still young isn't he? Scannell has been around our first team for 3 or 4 years in and out of the team. He's still only 21 and finally he's built enough so that he doesn't get knocked off the ball, shrugged over etc. So now, like what used to happen with Moses, they resort to kicking him and fouling him.

It's a shame as it's the exact reason why English football is so far behind the likes of Spain and Germany. Where, other than the playacting, they aren't kicking their young players into the stands at every opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here