Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Players like him who don't seem to fit into one old fashioned 'position' seem to suit us so well. Fluid football. Excited to see him and Pedro together although sure there are ways to play both plus Welbs if Mitoma needs a break. 3-4-2-1 as the front 3 all take up non-standard positions and interchange. Biggest thing though is he looks like having fun. Not sure how Enciso gets back in the side despite cameo minutes.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
When rumours first started that we were in for Georginio I dismissed them as nonsense.

When it became apparent he was signing for £40, I bemoaned the decision. I pointed to his scoring record and some underwhelming performances in Leeds relegation season. I claimed the club had finally got one wrong. That maybe the metrics we use were a bit overrated

What a f******* mug I am. I was Incontrovertibly wrong. True, these are early days but out of all our summer signings, he's the one who has really hit the ground running.

My mistake, and I was far from alone of course, was to look for his output. What the club have done is sign someone on potential for improvement. And he's improving game by game.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
When rumours first started that we were in for Georginio I dismissed them as nonsense.

When it became apparent he was signing for £40, I bemoaned the decision. I pointed to his scoring record and some underwhelming performances in Leeds relegation season. I claimed the club had finally got one wrong. That maybe the metrics we use were a bit overrated

What a f******* mug I am. I was Incontrovertibly wrong. True, these are early days but out of all our summer signings, he's the one who has really hit the ground running.

My mistake, and I was far from alone of course, was to look for his output. What the club have done is sign someone on potential for improvement. And he's improving game by game.
I think most of us could have written this Nobby.

What is also amazing is that he's only 22. He looks and plays like a 30 year old.
He is also at the heart of the team celebrations and the fan interaction.
A very astute signing who puts a smile on people's faces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here