Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fulham - Riverside Corporate launched

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Looks like our Tunnel Club is dearer than their dearest offering.
Thank you. I did look at the Tunnel Club website but the prices aren't shown.
May I be as bold to suggest that if the Amex had been built say, where the King Alfred is, this is exactly what the Albion would have done?

Edit: I've now found this thread. I rest my case.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
May I be as bold to suggest that if the Amex had been built say, where the King Alfred is, this is exactly what the Albion would have done?

Yeah I agree. I’m not going to poke fun at Fulham for those prices, it’s just modern football. If the proposed north stand shelf ends up as hospitality I’m sure the charges will be eye watering.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

“Small plates and enhanced networking”

Synergies

bbc GIF

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot

Amusing how you have gone on the defensive. I think we're all happy to cock a snoot at corporate football.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Thanks @Willow . If I appear on the defensive, it's because there's been a lot of flak heading Fulham's way over this.

The simple facts are that in London, Fulham are competing with some genuinely big and successful clubs with much larger fanbases, grounds and corporate sponsors. The current owners have realised that we can out-compete those clubs in terms of our location and history and are 'sweating the assets' in that respect. Hopefully, some of the corporate types using the new Riverside might chuck some of their sponsorship our way and become supporters. In the meantime, when the seats don't sell, the club gives away hundreds of free tickets to local residents and grass roots children's football clubs in London, Surrey and other potential catchment areas, thereby hoping to grow the fanbase away from the usual 'inherited Fulham from my grandparents / parents' norm. Hopefully, all of this will mean we'll never again play in front of 2-3000 fans standing on grassy terraces.

I'm not keen on the corporatisation of Fulham and football in general, but I'd still rather watch the Cottagers than solely go to non-league - although I do enjoy the occasional visit to the Dripping Pan.

Last edited:

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't understand the problem with it, personally. If there is a market for it, then they'd be foolish to miss out on it. I'd be far more concerned about the price of a run-of-the-mill season ticket, rather than getting annoyed about the club charging people who can afford it ridiculous money for a corporate experience. Nobody is being forced to do it.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
So
Does this mean the capacity has increased ?
And do we get more away tickets?
Yes and no.
Although Newcastle fans (in their club's shirts) were seen in the Riverside this season.
The away section remains the same bit of the Putney End.

@Commander STs are relatively good value (mine was about £480) but matchday tickets are very high.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here