Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham Away

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Thanks. I haven't been to Fulham since the 90s in early Summer. My memory is walking to the cottage across a park where there were a load of Tennis courts and 2 middle aged blokes playing. For some reason this had attracted a crowd who were doing the "wooooaaahhhh" "Your shit, aaarrrgggghhh" everytime one of them served.

The blokes just ignored the crowd like there was no one there.
😄 Yes those are the tennis courts in Bishops Avenue. If you'd been drinking on Fulham Palace Road, it's the quickest route to the ground. So tennis players have been used to ribald comments for generations. Until the 1990s, Bishops Park was closed during the game and a scary Scottish LBHF Parks Policeman (a real old school 'parkie') would stop people trying to get through. Now, the park is kept open so the quickest way back to Putney Bridge Underground and Putney mainline stations is through the main part of the park. It's pretty much unlit by the river, though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This strikes me as exactly the type of fixture where an away ticket exchange is needed. We're being asked to buy tickets 6 and a half weeks ahead of the game, for a Thursday night in December when inevitably people will end up having other plans and not able to do anything with the ticket they bought.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This strikes me as exactly the type of fixture where an away ticket exchange is needed. We're being asked to buy tickets 6 and a half weeks ahead of the game, for a Thursday night in December when inevitably people will end up having other plans and not able to do anything with the ticket they bought.
If in doubt, opt out as my saxophone teacher once said.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If in doubt, opt out as my saxophone teacher once said.
Yes, but people won't will they. They'll be like I'll get a ticket, and then see if I can go nearer the time. I doubt this is more than a few dozen but it's still annoying for anyone who misses out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yes, but people won't will they. They'll be like I'll get a ticket, and then see if I can go nearer the time. I doubt this is more than a few dozen but it's still annoying for anyone who misses out.
If they've got £30 to burn then fair play.

On an exchange they could easily fall in to the hands of someone with 23 LPs

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
But with a paper ticket, it won't be too hard to find a NSC buyer for such an attractive fixture, will it?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
1729584077412.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But with a paper ticket, it won't be too hard to find a NSC buyer for such an attractive fixture, will it?
I'm afraid it will. Our away policy is to put the owner's name on in black Sharpie and run random ID checks. If you are caught giving or selling your ticket to someone else, or in possession of someone else's you risk a short ban and loss of loyalty points. I suppose the difference at Fulham is that home and away fans share the Putney End entrance, but even then, if turnstiles are separated, there is the potential of name checks.

Personally I wouldn't risk it. Others might but it's their call.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I'm afraid it will. Our away policy is to put the owner's name on in black Sharpie and run random ID checks. If you are caught giving or selling your ticket to someone else, or in possession of someone else's you risk a short ban and loss of loyalty points. I suppose the difference at Fulham is that home and away fans share the Putney End entrance, but even then, if turnstiles are separated, there is the potential of name checks.

Personally I wouldn't risk it. Others might but it's their call.
Blimey. I've never noticed segregated turnstiles in the Putney End. Do these random checks actually ever happen at away grounds and who does them?

By the way, our ticket office does investigate sales of General Sale tickets in home sections for likely away fans and recently even withdrew a ticket from a Newcastle fan who subsequently posted about it on their equivalent of NSC.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Blimey. I've never noticed segregated turnstiles in the Putney End. Do these random checks actually ever happen at away grounds and who does them?

By the way, our ticket office does investigate sales of General Sale tickets in home sections for likely away fans and recently even withdrew a ticket from a Newcastle fan who subsequently posted about it on their equivalent of NSC.
Yes they do happen and they are done by the club's away stewards. Basically, everyone is checked at Palace, everywhere else it is random. Me and the boy had to pick up our tickets with ID at Arsenal away in the season we beat them 0-3 and I've been checked at Wolves and Forest. Digital ticket games are slightly different of course. I don't think my Everton one even had my name on. But much harder to pass on digital ones.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If they've got £30 to burn then fair play.

On an exchange they could easily fall in to the hands of someone with 23 LPs
Surely the ticket exchange can still enforce the LP level the game sold out at?

There will be about 7,000 tier 2 fans without a ticket

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Thanks. I haven't been to Fulham since the 90s in early Summer. My abiding memory is walking to the Cottage across a park where there were a load of Tennis courts and 2 middle aged blokes playing. For some reason this had attracted a crowd who were doing the "wooooaaahhhh" "Your shit, aaarrrgggghhh" everytime one of them served.

The blokes just ignored the crowd like there was no one there. I suspect it wasn't their best tennis.
Tim Henman said thanks for the support and that his game has improved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here