Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankel versus Canford Cliffs

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
is only 16 days away and I can`t blooming wait.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Should be a great battle that and on another racing note:

I've got what can only be described as unhealthy urges for Hayley turner

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Should be a great battle that and on another racing note:

I've got what can only be described as unhealthy urges for Hayley turner

Nothing unhealthy about those sort of urges moggy.

I reckon this clash could be one of he greatest ever at a mile in this country.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you are looking for a result then frankel with ease I predict.

He`ll need to be held up a little longer than in the St James though.....

Queally got a bit of a roasting after that.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Cecil says that a pass maker won't be used this time. Easier to hold frankel back without. With 3 furlongs remaing you should see some serious s##t. No other animal compares to his sheer ground travelling speed. Price will be short but agree this is a real event and one to watch rather than punt. Enjoy

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The day is here. The scene is set. Sunshine breaking through the haze after lunch.
Pimms and Champagne on the most beautiful course in the land and then Frankel to hang on by 2 lengths in the Sussex.
Can`t wait.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
A great case can be made out for Frankel, getting 8lbs in weight, unbeaten, cecil says its the fastest horse hes ever had but my mny will be on Canford, Richard Hughes says hes the fastest horse hes ever ridden, he said this week that he would be very surprised if Frankel is faster than Canford and that is borne out by their race times.
Canford beat Goldikova in 1m 38 over ascots mile in june, whereas 2 hrs later Frankel, despite showing unbelievable speed mid race, did it a full second slower, albeit on the round course. Apart from anything else, Frankel is odds on and canford is 6-4 on betfair this morning, so 6-4 for a toss of the coin two horse race will suit me fine, whatever the result.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Frankel reminds me of another horse that Cecil trained years ago called reference point. Stays all day and runs the finishes out of it's competitors, I think I'm right in saying it was mtoto that beat him in the end.
Like it's been said, a case can be made for both horses, it's a shame it's only a 4 horse race

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Frankel reminds me of another horse that Cecil trained years ago called reference point. Stays all day and runs the finishes out of it's competitors, I think I'm right in saying it was mtoto that beat him in the end.
Like it's been said, a case can be made for both horses, it's a shame it's only a 4 horse race

Twas indeed the great horse that did him in the Eclipse, fairly comfortably too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SI5iRU41vY

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
kept my money in my pocket , but of the 2 on even weights i would have just gone for canford cliffs but 8lb would give it to frankel by a length and a half today

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Wow, just put Frankle into another gear, pissed it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wow what a day. Not often you see something that special but Frankel was really the real deal. The best I have ever seen over the mile that is for sure.

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Just got home from Goodwood. WOW!
I'm more of a jumps man but that was seriously impressive. Hughes did everything right on Canford, he was just where he wanted/needed to be 2f out. Then Queally pressed the button and BOOM it was all over. I think it'll take the grounds staff at Goodwood a while to get rid of the scorch marks off the course!

Frankel settled so well, before and during the race, I reckon they regret not giving the Derby a go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here