Fabrice Fernandes
Juan Carlos Menseguez

Attack:
Lee McCulloch
Ronaldo (yes the Brazillian genious)
Alan Lee
Danko Lazovic
Romano Denneboom

Biscuit - how did you manage to get all these players to sign?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I shall tell you sneaky george, and no sam.. its nothing to do with the editor.

Season 04/05 OUT
Hammond - 80k
Watson - 30k
Harding - 60k
Jones - 7k
Knight - 1.2m
Kuipers - 35k
Beck -
Molango -
Claridge -
Oatway -
Currie -
Reid -
Rodger -

Season 04/05 IN
Mikalajunas -
Carvalho -
Amoako -
Taylor - 5k
Dinning - 26k
McCall - 3k
Claridge -
Van Vossen -
Olsen -
Pead - 28k
Fenton - 200k
Woods - 150k
Sanasy - 10k

Season 05/06 OUT
Taylor - 18k
Robinson - 95k
Keeley -
Breach -
Piper -
Watson -
Fillery -
Piercy -
Chippy - 1k
Bud -
May -
Martin -
Hart - 12k
Van Vossen -
Thorne -

Season 05/06 IN
Thorne -
Guidoni -
Newton -
Garner -
McCulloch -
Kiely -
Laville -
Abyie -
Ado -
Djordic -
Semple - 18k
Forse-Chambers -
Sofaine - 250k
Haystead -

Season 06/07 OUT
James - 95k
Morris -
Roberts - 35k
Djordic - 12k
Butters -
Ado - 10k
Fenton -
Hinshelwood - 70k
Amoako -
Garner -
Olsen -
Kiely - 150k
Cullip - 1.3m
Forse-Chambers -
Jarrett -

Season 06/07 IN
Morris -
Campo -
Poom -
James -
Monkhouse -
Fernandes -
Sonko - 40k
Skora - 1.1m
O'Conner -

Season 07/08 OUT
O'Conner - 6k
Guidoni -
Haystead -
Thomas -
El Adb - 18k
Jackson -
Monkhouse - 1m
Virgo - 65k
De Carlo -
Hinshelwood -
Dinning -
Pead -
Sanasy -
May -
Thrope -
Papa -
Brivo -

Season 07/08 IN
Ben Haim -
Preece -
Caldwell -
Denneboom -
Naldi -
De Carlo -
Papa -
Brivo -
Van Leeuween -
Clarke -

Season 08/09 OUT
Semple -
Naldi -
Skora -
Abeyie - 2.7m

Season 08/09 IN
Lee
Collen
Brown
Parker
Graveson
Ricardo
Nolan
Artillio
Berson
Lasovic
Ronaldo
Mensequez - 4.5m
Biglia -

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Good stuff Biscuit. Who were your strikers in first season after selling Leon ?

Also, I see that you end up selling all the current Albion squad, is that right?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what am i doing wrong with this game? I always get spanked with basic 4-4-2 unless at home to substatially inferior opposition. And the transfer market, i see people get these great players (relativly) on frees, but i always seem to get knocked back for some reason (player doesnt want to join, club doesnt want to sell or not for the price). How do people go about identifying and then securing their targets?

Having said that, Ive had joy with 3-1-4-2 in a new game. interestingly its the default squad with the addition of Bogarde (free), Nicolas (loan) and McCammon (40K). currently 15th at end of October, and just had a stonking 6-1 victory over Wigan (McCammon with 4 :eek: )

Im also currently working on a Lions squad: British Isles players only. Starting with Chelsea for the transfer kitty, but still difficult to get clubs to sell thier key players.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
beorhthelm said:
what am i doing wrong with this game? I always get spanked with basic 4-4-2 unless at home to substatially inferior opposition. And the transfer market, i see people get these great players (relativly) on frees, but i always seem to get knocked back for some reason (player doesnt want to join, club doesnt want to sell or not for the price). How do people go about identifying and then securing their targets?

Having said that, Ive had joy with 3-1-4-2 in a new game. interestingly its the default squad with the addition of Bogarde (free), Nicolas (loan) and McCammon (40K). currently 15th at end of October, and just had a stonking 6-1 victory over Wigan (McCammon with 4 :eek: )

Im also currently working on a Lions squad: British Isles players only. Starting with Chelsea for the transfer kitty, but still difficult to get clubs to sell thier key players.

I'm no expert but seem to do reasonably ok in getting some half decent players on Bosmans. Worth while spending some time drawing up a good shortlist of players and if you get knocked back, try and sign them again, sometimes they change their minds and sign. Worth bidding for players near the end of their contract too.

I identify targets by going to search then plyers and then customise. So for example if I want a full back, specify high stats on stamina, pace and tackling and then scout or shortlist those players. That's the theory anyway.

I think 4-4-2 only works if you've got really good wingers which Brighton don't have so stick with your new formation.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Anyone starting a new game as Brighton get Mikalajunas, De Boer, Bogarde, Mutiu, Petit and Dani (Portugese AMC) on frees, loan Baird (right back) from Saints.

that's who I brought in and I'm sitting top of the Championship after 20 games :cool:

Get Lionel Morgan when he's only got 3 months til he's fit, he'll willingly sign for a long time on low wages, improves like mad.

Last edited:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Gone horribly wrong for me. Lost the last 10 games of the season to finish 7th. :( Down to only 13 players too so far for next season :jester:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ive got a technical problem - i cant sign any f***ing players! Trying this Lions thing and even the resources of Chelsea arent up to it.

mid-august and all ive managed is Danny f***ing Mills. Keane and Jenas my main targets just get rejected, offered 15m plus Crespo for Keane. even having trouble off loading all the bloody foreigners, clubs say they arnt looking to improve in that area or couldnt afford the player. The likes of Barca, Inter, Arsenal all turndown the option of Kezman or Robbens at half price!

Does anyone know any tranfser techniques or a site that deals with them (i cant seem to find much other than what great player people sign or silly offers).

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
beorhthelm said:
The likes of Barca, Inter, Arsenal all turndown the option of Kezman or Robbens at half price!

Does anyone know any tranfser techniques or a site that deals with them (i cant seem to find much other than what great player people sign or silly offers).

Never try to sell Robben.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sneaky George said:
Good stuff Biscuit. Who were your strikers in first season after selling Leon ?

Also, I see that you end up selling all the current Albion squad, is that right?

Not quite. I've sold all of them apart from Kerry Mayo and Joel Lynch. Tho McPhee and Elphick are still in the reserves.

In the first season I played Gareth Taylor upfront. Very good target man. Other than that Claridge, Sanasy.

The real keep was getting Prince Amoako in to add a spark of creativity in midfield. Always best to put players like this on as a sub as they have a positive effect on the team rather than starting them. At least thats what I've found.

Also if you can get a guy called Dani in. Very good player. Attacking Midfielder.

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm up to 11th after 21 games now having just beaten Preston 2-0 at Fortress Withdean. Am on 28 points, 7 off the playoffs and 8 clear of relegation. Home form is superb but away we're not too clever at the moment, seem to play well but then give away a stupid goal or the like. Did manage to beat 1st-placed Wolves 2-1 at Molineux however, and also came back from 2-0 down at Reading with 30 minutes left to win 3-2 with an injury-time winner from Leon.

Oh, and we've drawn Palace away in the cup...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
TIP: Once you've been at Brighton for over a year, go to board request and ask them to put more money into the training facilities. This will result in fewer injuries and better youth players developing.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Sneaky George said:
Close season 2006 and I'm re-building, improving the squad with my Brighton side after having kept us in the Championship for 2 seasons. And what happens? The bloody game keeps freezing when I try and send my scouts out or customise my shortlists. It's happened so often now that I don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of giving the damn game up

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

By the way, this is much, much harder than previous Brighton CM games, anyhone else agree/disagree?

First time out with the new patch and a new game I got through to my last friendly and the game froze half way through the match. Could move through the menus but the match wouldn't continue.

Had to crash out and start again having turned off rolling autosave.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm now up to the dizzy heights of tenth with 32 points after 23 games after beating QPR 3-1 away and then getting a 2-2 home draw with Coventry where we really should have won.

Now got Leeds away which will be tricky and then its into the Bosman market for next season hopefully before the delights of Selhurst Park in a few weeks time.

:clap2:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Re: Re: Football Manager - technical problems

thedonkeycentrehalf said:
First time out with the new patch and a new game I got through to my last friendly and the game froze half way through the match. Could move through the menus but the match wouldn't continue.

I've just downloaded new patch and have started a new game so I'll have to wait and see. FM has got one more chance. Il

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Re: Re: Football Manager - technical problems

thedonkeycentrehalf said:

I've just downloaded new patch and have started a new game so I'll have to wait and see. FM has got one more chance. If it freezes again, I'll give up playing. Life's too short.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
First season with the default Brighton team, got rid of Oatway, Watson, Jones, Jarret and replaced with Mikalajunas, Dinning and bought a couple of decent strikers from Non-league for 2k and 6k. Currently 8th in league after 10 matches, and the only match i've lost is League Cup match vs Blackburn (and that was 1-0)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here