Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Essien/Raul rumours

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Indeed, there is a big Brighton following in Ghana.

Well in that case, I'm getting 'Essien is back' on the back of my shirt tomorrow morning. Confirmed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I heard the only reason we got Razak (The Next Yaya ToureTM) on loan last season, was because we were set to sign the real thing as our big box-to-box midfielder on loan for this season. MCFC are set to pay £240,000 of his weekly £250,000...

Our new feeder club are also deciding which of Tevez and Balotelli to send down. And to prevent there being too many loanees from one club, they're coming on a free.

Happy days, and squad sorted!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5025906 said:
I heard he's got a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for free if a bid comes in from us...

I heard he has a clause that means Raul has to come if we make an offer and has to pay US to play.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5025906 said:
I heard he's got a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for free if a bid comes in from us...

I thought it was similar to the Drogbe contract. Two year contract, but allowed to leave if Barcelona/Brighton come a calling.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The fact that theres even rumours of these players being linked with us is good for the club, im sure there will be atleast one more bigtime player signing on before start of season ...

Good for the club?

Raul - Spanish/Free agent - Tenuous Vicente link
Essien - Chelsea/Gus - Tenuous Gus link

A rumour could link us to anyone in the world.

How is it good for the club?

Dec 29, 2011
I heard the only reason we got Razak (The Next Yaya ToureTM) on loan last season, was because we were set to sign the real thing as our big box-to-box midfielder on loan for this season. MCFC are set to pay £240,000 of his weekly £250,000...

Our new feeder club are also deciding which of Tevez and Balotelli to send down. And to prevent there being too many loanees from one club, they're coming on a free.

Happy days, and squad sorted!

Sauce? Sounds like bs to me...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Ok I started an (albeit stupid) thread about Andy Carroll and got mocked ridiculously. Yet your going on about Michael (CL, Premier League, FAC, League Cup winner, played in the last World Cup and anchor of the current Chelsea side and at 29 is in the prime of his career) Essien coming to the AMEX. And I got called stupid? FFS....

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ok I started an (albeit stupid) thread about Andy Carroll and got mocked ridiculously. Yet your going on about Michael (CL, Premier League, FAC, League Cup winner, played in the last World Cup and anchor of the current Chelsea side and at 29 is in the prime of his career) Essien coming to the AMEX. And I got called stupid? FFS....

But it's Michael Essien i've heard he loves the sea. Just the opposite of Andy Carroll who i heard wishes everything in it to be dead!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I heard that Essien has rented Lampard's house in Rustington. And invited Raul over for the weekend.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I wonder what sort of person would set up a username called "Ladieschoicefc"...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Nice to think that rather than this type of tosh, this time next week we will be debating one Vicente's single-handed annihilation of Lewes FC :rolleyes:

Do you not read The Argus? :rolleyes: :jester:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The fact that theres even rumours of these players being linked with us is good for the club, im sure there will be atleast one more bigtime player signing on before start of season ...

No, the fact that there are rumours of these players being linked with us just shows how many deluded people there are, including the ones that believe said rumours.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Just got back from Weather-spoons on George street and guess who was in there!?
You guessed it, Essien's wife!! and not only did she buy me a drink but also told me that Essien is going to sign for us sometime this week! She said the reason he's joining us is mainly down to the architecture of sussex university which he admires greatly.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here