Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Enock Mwepu (Signed 06/07/2021)

Lets be realistic. He has cost less money than Locadia and Ali J. Which reflects the league he is currently playing in. Not saying he won't be great, he might be. But it certainly isn't a sure fire bet. I fully expect him to be a squad player this season and anything beyond that is going to be a bonus.

Like any signing there’s an element of risk. But a calculated one with enough upside to make it worth taking.

Salzburg have produced some good talent:

Sadio Mane
Erling Haaland
Naby Keita
Dayot Upamecano

We’re getting him at an excellent price, good age, big ceiling, Champions League experience and importantly, good re-sale value.

If his transfer fee is around 11m Euros it’s absolutely a great value punt. This is a first team player.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
well quite.

we have Moder/Bissouma/Gross/Lallanae slugging it out for a starting place already.
Caceido on the way and let's not forget the likes of Molumby and Alzate.

Hope the lad is as good as every one says, but he's been brought in to compete for a place, not walking into the first team.

Potter may look to play him out wide (he has played a lot of games as a RM), in which case maybe AJ will make way for him in the in first 11 or on the bench.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Albion playing their cards close to their chest with this signing.. this thread has gone from 1st post about a rumour to player signed within 2 days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Only if you go and look on the BBC's Brighton page though! Not on the football main page.

I mean, it's not like Leeds signing a left back, is it?

0abc1cefeb8fb0842b07d4be0224af57.jpg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Yes we do - and that's exactly what this thread has been about - nothing more and nothing less. Never about anybody being, or claiming to be, ITK.

And a bloody good thread it's been, up to now, even surviving some silly stuff about the 'R' word at the start and not sliding straight into the Bear Pit. This is the best football discussion thread we've had for a long time! Cheers everyone!

Thanks, happy to take the plaudits!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Interesting signing. Our midfield options have been strengthened, with or without the departure of Biss.

Propper out Mwepu in. Time will tell on that one.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
His heat map makes the optimist in me think he is here to replace Jahanbakhsh.

But the realist in me knows his signing is probably the signal that Bissouma is off.

E5nJbqmXMAQdlUS.jpeg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
His heat map makes the optimist in me think he is here to replace Jahanbakhsh.

But the realist in me knows his signing is probably the signal that Bissouma is off.

This is just sensible planning - Caicedo isn't ready to replace Bissouma yet. Probably a season down the line.
This gives Albion some options if Bissouma goes but he might well stay. They don't need to sell, there's no evidence he's angling to leave and there's no guarantee anyone is going to meet the high asking price - unlike White. Naylor on the fence re: Bissouma leaving in this Athletic piece.
https://theathletic.co.uk/2691379/2021/07/06/brighton-enock-mwepu-salzburg-premier-league/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here