Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Edgbaston

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was an absolutely brilliant performance, the best I've ever seen England play in an ODI.

Seriously - what were we doing at The World Cup? It's too late now. We've got to keep that standard up for another 4 years!

Farbrace strikes me as a relaxed enjoyable bloke to be around. Perhaps thats why he's not considered as a no.1? or doesn't see himself as a no.1. Who knows. But this England side, both in the recent tests and this ODI have looked a happier more relaxed bunch. Perhaps the tactical analysis, planning was all a bit too much under Moores and previously Flowers. 'Go out and enjoy your cricket' appears to be the new mantra. Who else did that when arriving into an infighting mess of a squad? Darren Lehman.

It will still be up and down like the test series, but the approach is positive, progressive and refreshing. We need to have a bit of this freedom in the test side too. Got to say I am no longer fearing the Ashes, I think we have a chance now to give it a real go. Maybe not enough to win the series, but I think we might be okay.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Typical of England to produce that sort of a performance the first game into a new four year cycle.

The batting line-up looks exciting, perhaps Ali for Billings but other than that I like the look of it. The bowling still concerns me, we took wickets yesterday because NZ had to attach, attack, attack from ball one but I guess we'll have more of a knowledge of where the bowling is after 5 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here