Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Greece match thread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So you keep saying. A Nation’s League defeat three games into his temporary charge is obviously a hanging offence.

Who are you replacing him with, because Potter isn’t going to belt out the anthem Stuart Pearce style?

Carsley got that all wrong and did nothing to change it. From the word go Greece tore England apart all over the pitch. Coaches can and do stem the tide, RDZ and Hurzeler have shown us that mid games, without the embarrassment of riches Carsley had.

Nations League … yes it does matter, Wembley games are prized and not to be gifted away. Stones said he was gutted. No nonchalance that just the Nations League.

Carsley …. that was a 0/10. Should’ve made an early sub or two and changed the set up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
f*** me, it's going to be Potter isn't it?
GP's lack of accepting a club job is all falling into place now and making sense.

In fairness, it couldn't be any worse than what Carsley's just dished up.
:ffsparr:
Very poor tonight from players and coach. Greece played well though and were galvanised by honouring George Baldock.

The false 9 isn’t going to work. The elephant in that room is that playing Kane deep was even worse.

Foden and Gordon are going to have to sit down. Our front 4 needs to be Saka, Bellingham, Kane / Watkins, Palmer. Two strong holding mids. And I’m fine with Lewis at LB.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Very poor tonight from players and coach. Greece played well though and were galvanised by honouring George Baldock.

The false 9 isn’t going to work. The elephant in that room is that playing Kane deep was even worse.

Foden and Gordon are going to have to sit down. Our front 4 needs to be Saka, Bellingham, Kane / Watkins, Palmer. Two strong holding mids. And I’m fine with Lewis at LB.
Foden and Gordon would be good options off the bench, it was plain stupid playing all of them at the same time, can’t really understand what Carsley was thinking with tonight’s selection

edit: he played that system for 20 minutes on Wednesday then picked the team on the strength of that! Wow

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Didn’t bother watching all so predictable, I’ve been let down by England since I first started following them seriously in 82.

im done with them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Carsley got that all wrong and did nothing to change it. From the word go Greece tore England apart all over the pitch. Coaches can and do stem the tide, RDZ and Hurzeler have shown us that mid games, without the embarrassment of riches Carsley had.

Nations League … yes it does matter, Wembley games are prized and not to be gifted away. Stones said he was gutted. No nonchalance that just the Nations League.

Carsley …. that was a 0/10. Should’ve made an early sub or two and changed the set up.
Agree with some of that, disagree with other bits.

Tonight was a shitshow. I’d rather have it in a fairly meaningless Nations League game that we can learn from than, say, needing a Hail Mary to beat Slovakia in a major tournament.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

💯 agree...... and tbh, whilst I of course want England to win, we were so bad, and he did nothing to address it...... that when we equalised I thought 'he's going to get away with this shambles' as we've now equalised...... so the upside of Greece getting a richly deserved second goal is our performance got what it deserved.... Nothing......... and there can now be no papering over the cracks of Carsley getting it all wrong tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here