Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enciso is such a ray of sunshine.... not

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Haven't seen the video, but noticed he was stood on his own post match, applauding the fans, but didn't seem to celebrate the victory with other players. Puy it down to him being a young guy and a bit pissed off at his limited game time
And at his form I’m sure. He must still be so frustrated to have suffered an injury just as he hit his stride early last season

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Not sure how you can say anything based on that video.

Though obviously he is indeed unhappy. He's a 20-year-old energetic man who in his third season at the club so far has played 12% of the minutes in the PL this season... if he's "happy" there's something wrong with him. I think he understands why he isn't playing more but it must still be incredibly frustrating.

I also don't see it changing anytime soon. A lot more because of the competition rather than Encisos ability, however.

Going on loan on January 1 while also extending his contract 2-3 years feels like the best solution for him and us right now. He's too good to play this little but not good enough to outcompete Joao Pedro, Georginio and O'Riley.

Send him and Fergie to Southampton for six months and they'll be playing every week and then he can come back and replace JP in the squad next summer. Solved.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think it's his look of boredom during Hurzeler's team talk at the end of the Spurs game....I just put it down to him not understanding much of what's being said myself.

Anyway, that is a fantastic video, it's been a great week.
Hilarious overanalysing from the OP though. Look at Ayari’s face, Mitoma…

Watch any team talks/team meetings which have been filmed (Spurs documentary, Man City documentary come to mind). Footballers have egos the size of aircraft hangers, and frankly most aren’t exactly the book-learned type. They’re elite athletes whose body and technical skill are their assets.

They aren’t leaning forward on the edge of their seats in rapt awe, they’re thinking when can we get to the nightclub and celebrate our win properly/get laid - or in Milner’s case have an extra digestive biscuit with his tea in front of “Strictly”.

I have no idea why the OP posted this, short of a poor trolling attempt

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hilarious overanalysing from the OP though. Look at Ayari’s face, Mitoma…

Watch any team talks/team meetings which have been filmed (Spurs documentary, Man City documentary come to mind). Footballers have egos the size of aircraft hangers, and frankly most aren’t exactly the book-learned type. They’re elite athletes whose body and technical skill are their assets.

They aren’t leaning forward on the edge of their seats in rapt awe, they’re thinking when can we get to the nightclub and celebrate our win properly/get laid - or in Milner’s case have an extra digestive biscuit with his tea in front of “Strictly”.

I have no idea why the OP posted this, short of a poor trolling attempt
No way Milner eats biscuits.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Early last season, before his injury, Enciso was arguably our most exciting player. He’s currently almost surplus to requirements and only being used as a late sub. English is not his first language, Fabian sounds quite dull and boring in interviews and post match team talks, I get why Enciso is sitting there cross armed and distant. I also get that he may not be feeling a big part of the current Albion.

I guess an injury to Welbz or Rutter is his only likely chance of a decent run in the team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There has been a bit of press noise from South America touting him for a move to La Liga “if Brighton don’t renew his contract this season”
Maybe the start of negotiations from his camp? Maybe idle gossip? Maybe the OP has picked up on it so they can say “I told you so” if he moves in the next couple of transfer breaks?
The lad missed most of pre-season and is playing catch-up in a new system. His time will come

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
There has been a bit of press noise from South America touting him for a move to La Liga “if Brighton don’t renew his contract this season”
Maybe the start of negotiations from his camp? Maybe idle gossip? Maybe the OP has picked up on it so they can say “I told you so” if he moves in the next couple of transfer breaks?
The lad missed most of pre-season and is playing catch-up in a new system. His time will come
I can't think of a realistic La Liga transfer. There's arguably only three clubs capable of paying the £30m+ (probably more) we'd want and none of those clubs are will be signing the Brighton fourth choice attacking midfielder any time soon.

He may well go on loan there though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I have to say, I'd be looking bored with that kind of post match team talk. Not a criticism of Fab, just hardly the most inspiring and stirring stuff. I'd also probably be thinking 'how exactly am I getting into this team'?
Definitely feels a very unfair thread title, scapegoating, and feels mad given how overwhelmingly positive that video is.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have been a massive Enciso fan since the start because I love a flairy player who has loads of obvious flaws. I just think his body language in that video is really off. He looked miserable. I suspect he has always seen us as a stepping stone to bigger things (which is not a criticism of him because loads will) and is getting annoyed that rather than his next destination being city or Liverpool it might well be West Ham or Everton.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have to say, I'd be looking bored with that kind of post match team talk. Not a criticism of Fab, just hardly the most inspiring and stirring stuff. I'd also probably be thinking 'how exactly am I getting into this team'?
Definitely feels a very unfair thread title, scapegoating, and feels mad given how overwhelmingly positive that video is.
I agree it was a bit dull. “Trust the process” but if it keeps working then I won’t complain.

SkirlieWirlie

Jan 6, 2024
I just wish he'd stop confusing me by dyeing his hair all the time!

Yes! And because of this I propose petitioning the club to get names on back of shirts to provide clarity! (Joking, confuses the hell out of me too :))

Good Lord. THAT'S your take on that fantastic video? Blimey.

Can a mod change the thread title:

@Home and Away is such a ray of sunshine.... not

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Constantly surprised (although really shouldn’t be by now) about how some people seem so, so desperate to find something….anything…..negative to post about, whatever is happening. :shrug:
"some people" = a very, very small percentage of people.

They get noticed because of the high number of us (me included) that reply to the perceived negative comments.
Most of it is trolling, pure and simple, and most of us continue to take the bait.

Occasionally it can be accurate, even if we don't like it.
Free speech and all that.

It's lucky I'm not a moderator as the stuff that I often think is trolling would get deleted.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"some people" = a very, very small percentage of people.

They get noticed because of the high number of us (me included) that reply to the perceived negative comments.
Most of it is trolling, pure and simple, and most of us continue to take the bait.

Occasionally it can be accurate, even if we don't like it.
Free speech and all that.

It's lucky I'm not a moderator as the stuff that I often think is trolling would get deleted.
Agree. Sad way to exist imo, but each to his/her own :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Oh you tinker!!

I read this thread title thinking one thing but then you put "not" and it completely switched it's meaning!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is he our scapegoat now after Webster last week? Who will it be after Enciso?

The way I read it he is disappointed not to be starting and also probably disappointed that when he gets his opportunity he is not performing well. He was absolutely on fire at the start of last season and we know how good he can be, why not just give him a break? Hopefully he'll start against Liverpool in the League Cup and prove the haters wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here