Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ELO-mr blue sky

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
jevs said:
Saw them only as ELO part 2 at the centre circa 92 with messars Bevan, Groucutt, Kaminski and McDowell joined with some others. Superb gig which included a lazer show and the moscow symphony orchestra as backing.
Brighton Center? I was at that one too. Fantastic opening with the lasers. Was that Dick Knight conducting the MSO? :lolol:

And Roll Over Beethoven with the fireworky type thingies,
MARVELOUS SCENES

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jam The Man said:

Back to ELO though.. great group with some belting commercially ear-pleasing tracks...

Mr Blue Sky
Livin Thing
Diary of Horace Wimp
Telephone Line
Last Train To London (To our younger viewers, that's the original, unbastardised version of Atomic Kitten's 'Be With You')

Loved them all

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very good but if memory serves me correct weren't they the first ever band to be fined for doing a gig but not actually playing - used a backing tape.

Either late 70s / 80s ?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
imho 'Rockaria' was the best ever ELO track. Sad enough to have bought their Greatest Hits on CD as soon as it came out.

:clap2:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
pasty said:
They were from Yorkshire weren't they ?

Eee, 'ello
:jester:

That's Lancashire.

It's more of a Eh (prounounced A) 'ello

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Anyone at Wembley or elsewhere in the late 1970's when they toured with the giant ELO space ship as part of the stage set - must be one of the best intro's to a gig ever - an amazing scene!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Beach Hut said:
Very good but if memory serves me correct weren't they the first ever band to be fined for doing a gig but not actually playing - used a backing tape.

Either late 70s / 80s ?

First i've heard of it. I have the "ELO story" book written by Bev Bevan (the drummer) and no mention is made if it.
The band was originally from Brum and was The Move and Idle race before joining up and becoming ELO.

A new world record has to be my favourite album follwed closely by out of the blue. Their early stuff was very raw but superb.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BUTTERBALL said:
It's being re-released as it is in the M&S ad. Good job they didn't use Kate Moss! :lolol:

Twiggy is in that advert looking very good seeing as she must be in her late 50's

M&S ad

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is that Pete Doherty too? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here