Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ELO-mr blue sky

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
heard it on some advert. now listening to the whole song and i love it!

one of those songs that maybe isnt so good but for the 5 mins that im listening to it im very happy:)

'mr blue sky, blue sky blue sky':clap2:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
wow. this is the first time ive heard it. strange change after 3 mins when the whole operatic effect comes in. i love it!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
ELO were one of the finest bands to ever perform on this Earth!

Saw them live at Wembley back in 1981! Superb!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Never trust men with beards and falsetto voices. Just look at the evidence:

ELO, 10cc, the Bee Gees, Demis Roussos...

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
many's the time I've sang along to 'Wild West Hero' in the car, marvellous cheese

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Buzza said:
ELO were one of the finest bands to ever perform on this Earth!

Saw them live at Wembley back in 1981! Superb!

What that man said

Saw them only as ELO part 2 at the centre circa 92 with messars Bevan, Groucutt, Kaminski and McDowell joined with some others. Superb gig which included a lazer show and the moscow symphony orchestra as backing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
GUNTER said:
...it's in an advert at the mo.....just trying to think which one?

its like M and S or someone. i think its clothes related with people spinniong around in nice new clothes:lolol: might be george

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Was there first time around, nerdy music, the sort of thing Alan Partridge would have in his car.

Who remembers that episode where he says "Pray silence, please...for the Electric Light Orchestra"?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pavilionaire said:
Was there first time around, nerdy music, the sort of thing Alan Partridge would have in his car.

Who remembers that episode where he says "Pray silence, please...for the Electric Light Orchestra"?

There's also another episode where he says..

"Now a song from from one of the biggest live bands in the world, R.E.....O Speedwagon" ..... In a bored moment when I used to work on hospital radio I said that and found myself laughing on air at my own joke... not that anyone was listening probably!

Back to ELO though.. great group with some belting commercially ear-pleasing tracks...

Mr Blue Sky
Livin Thing
Diary of Horace Wimp
Telephone Line
Last Train To London (To our younger viewers, that's the original, unbastardised version of Atomic Kitten's 'Be With You')

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
Awesome track, ELOs finest ever - it has really stood the test of time.

I used to have the album on vinyl when I was at school. If you listen closely at the very end of Mr Blue Sky what sounds like Metal Micky says 'please turn me over'; because it was the last track on side 1! Now you dont get hassle like that with CDs.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All Over The World was the best one I thought ELO did.

One Christmas when I was about 14 I was given New World Record. That was very good for a while, but I went off ELO.

That was around the time I was "into" Slade and TREX. I saw Marc Bolam at the Bristol Hippodrome, I think it was around 1972 ish.....Saw Slade a few moths later and the whole place was full of the scariest looking skinheads you could ever see. All white shirts, braces and short jeans, doc martins boots etc.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Exmouth Seagull said:
Awesome track, ELOs finest ever - it has really stood the test of time.

If you listen closely at the very end of Mr Blue Sky what sounds like Metal Micky says 'please turn me over'; because it was the last track on side 1! Now you dont get hassle like that with CDs.

...and that's the sort of thing Partridge would say!

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here