Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eagle's goal - the best ever at Withdean?Discuss.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Twas a great goal, but not as good as BZs

I think the correct NSC etiquette is to type

FACT

in uppercase now.

Thank you.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Danny Cullip's goal v Rushden in the cup, Zamora v Halifax and Reading, Steele v Bristol City but my favourite was Crosby v Blackpool, I thought it came off his arse not his ear but they all count

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I havnt seen brightons 3 goals they have scored at home for the past two seasons but reckon bobby's vs Halifax must be the best. Steeles v Brzzle City was great but only because it was a last minute winner.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think it's rubbish to say that any pro player should be able to score from there. How many goals have you ever seen like that before? For me, a handful in almsot 30 years. Sure, they'd get it on target if it's allowed to bounce before it reaches the net, but that shot had to have enough pace to carry over 2 defenders.

Watch the crossbar challenge on SoccerAM and see how many don't even hit the target from half-way, let alone the goal. Now try it with a moving ball and no time to think.

It was a brilliant strike. Definitely the best at Withdean.

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with Zamoras goal against Halifax.

Best goal scored against us at Withdean I reckon was by Notts County. One of their players belted it from almost the same distance as Eagles on Saturday (but at the goal at the other end) and it sailed over Kuipers. Anyone else remember it?.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
gazwag said:
It was a good finish that's all really most forward players should be able to put that ball in an empty net from the half way line, its hardly the same as Beckhams which had to be perfect to lob the keeper.

Its no way near as skillful as hitting a volley coming over your shoulder

have you seen that crossbar challenge thing on soccer am?

most players kick it out for a throw in!

a great, controlled goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
tommy boy said:
marcel cas for notts county in the div 2 winning season

i think it was a half volley from MILES out and it screamed in past kuipers

I was sitting directly in line with him when he hit it on the volley, spectacular goal that no-one could have saved and I have yet to see a better goal at Withdean. Wasn't there on Saturday

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
A poll has to be done!

Zamora's v Halifax was good but they were hardly defended it well.A long lofted volley from Kerry Mayo,followed by a beauty from an unmarked Zamora!

I know Watford's goal was a good goal but a poor one to concede because as soon as it left his boot you knew that it was going to be tipical of our luck that it would make the net.

The best challenge at Withdean has to be Mike Newell's attempted tackle on Chris McPhee against Luton a couple of years back.The way he went for the ball was just classic!:shootself

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
McShane79 said:
If you go to this link:

http://195.219.160.77/skins/0014/nsp.aspx?player=itv_brighton#

hit the search button and type in "Brighton v Watford" and select "Sport" and "Football" from the options, you'll get the extended highlights of the game.

That is f***ing brilliant. Surely it renders Seagulls World entirely pointless though? Extended match highlights AND post-match interview with McGhee, I'm sure people are paying good money for that.

Great find

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Zamora vs Halifax
Brooker vs Wolves (great team goal)
and YES Eagles was a fantastic strike - even with an open goal, you try hitting one from the right of the half way line on full volley and see how many go in........sublime skill.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quality goal and as stated it was a true strike with great vision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here