Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Attack

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What a total idiot. I would NEVER get into a space with any dangerous animal in it, especially big cats. I don't care what these so called "experts" say about the animals they keep, NOBODY can predict what a wild animal will do, NOBODY. Most of these animal keepers end up being killed or seriously injured by their "pets" at some point.

"survived a fight with a lion"! Oh please. If that lion was serious he would have ripped his bloody throat out before anyone saw him coming.

Yep, they always seem to get got in the end.

A friend of mine went to India and she posted a photo on facebook of her with a tiger on a lead.

Looks like a lovely tiger, but I don't know if doing this is brave or stupid. I suppose it it doesn't eat you it's brave, but if it bites your arm off it's stupid.

atiger.jpg

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale

A friend of mine went to India and she posted a photo on facebook of her with a tiger on a lead.

Looks like a lovely tiger, but I don't know if doing this is brave or stupid. I suppose it it doesn't eat you it's brave, but if it bites your arm off it's stupid.

View attachment 56674

I would imagine the tiger was probably drugged up to its eyeballs. It doesn't exactly look very alert!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

View attachment 56674

I don't think the tiger can see her, she appears to be wearing some kind of invisibility cloaking device.

Yes, that poor cat looks drugged off its tits.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would imagine the tiger was probably drugged up to its eyeballs. It doesn't exactly look very alert!

Quite possibly, I will have to ask her.

If it was it sort of devalues the purpose of the experience and becomes a glorified tourist selfie opportunity.

For the real experience you have to do this without the tiger being given a fix of night nurse, and when it hasn't been fed for a couple of days.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm up for the mass cull of all dogs. No seriously, I'm sick of having Morons with dangerous dogs roaming off the lead. 'It's not the dog it's the owner blah blah' bollox it's the effing dog that's gonna attack and maul someone. The owners will always be morons no matter what, but the animal is the weapon, and you don't give a moron a weapon. Except if it's a dog, it seems.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i visited a wildlife sanctuary in Zimbabwe back in the 80's.....hands on experiences with juvenile Elephants , giraffe , cheetah and lions .....cheetah cubs were 11 months old , the lion cub...(Bryan) was 9 months old.....what an amazing animal but even at that age you knew if he wanted to Do you there really wouldn't be much you could do about it....luckily he had just had his knapp so he was in playful mode.
The baby elephants were hilarious , each with their own dedicated keeper and so full of character they were like big , boisterous , fat kids.

On the other hand i have known numerous staffies in my time and it would have to be regarded as a fact that they are a people dog , maybe not particularly good with other dogs but prospective owners would have to be aware of that before getting one .....the staffies i have been in contact with over the years that have been brought up in a loving family environment are fantastic dogs.... i think there is a strong link between the behaviour of the animal and that of it's owner now if you'll excuse me vegster , i need to brush and wash my hair.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

View attachment 56674

Went to Dreamworld theme park on the Gold Coast in Oz a few years back. They had a large enclosure of white tigers. Beautiful animals. Could hardly believe my eyes at lunchtime when a couple of hundred of park visitors kids filed into a large communal school dining hall-type area for burgers and chips or whatever with a stage at one and a couple of white tigers on. The keepers had the tigers on a string, getting them to do tricks, and they were armed with nothing more than a discrete stick. Might have been some snipers hidden away with rifles trained on the tigers though I doubt it. Unbelievable that anyone ever thought it was a good idea to have free-range tigers in an enclosed area with a couple of hundred noisy excitable kids. Nightmare waiting to happen IMHO.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Roy Horn from Siegfried & Roy, is a classic example of a show cat that turned on him.

Lovely looking white tiger, reared it from kitten, treated is as a best friend, but Roy ended up losing 25% of his skull during a show in 2003.

siegfried_and_roy_mantecore_a_p.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Roy Horn from Siegfried & Roy, is a classic example of a show cat that turned on him.

Lovely looking white tiger, reared it from kitten, treated is as a best friend, but Roy ended up losing 25% of his skull during a show in 2003.

View attachment 56704

Losing 25% of that hair do can only be a good thing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-wild-cat-on-the-loose-in-surrey-9628603.html

By coincidence This was loose on my road yesterday, literally comes from a house two doors down. Didn't see it loose but have seen it around with its owner before. Saw the police helicopter and place crawling with police and RSPCA, didn't know what was going on. What a mental pet to own. More money than sense.

ah well there ya go ...an endangered species in southern africa sohow the **** does one turn up in surrey.....just nails the issue...it aint the animals fault..!!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'm up for the mass cull of all dogs. No seriously, I'm sick of having Morons with dangerous dogs roaming off the lead. 'It's not the dog it's the owner blah blah' bollox it's the effing dog that's gonna attack and maul someone. The owners will always be morons no matter what, but the animal is the weapon, and you don't give a moron a weapon. Except if it's a dog, it seems.

As a 'dog lover' I have a certain amount of sympathy with that view. Dogs are a pack animal and can be incredibly loyal to the rest of the pack which in most cases is the owner and family. This sounds good until the time arises when they misinterpret a situation and thinks a pack member is under threat.

I'm firmly of the belief that licensed, registered and inspected breeders should be the only people who can own a non-neutered animal, (dogs, cats, horses etc) - this would make them more expensive to buy but might also make it more unlikely that they would end up in the hands of irresponsible people.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was involved in a nasty/bizarre incident yesterday.Stopped at the lights at City college and noticed a 13/14year old coming round the corner with his Staffie dog off the lead,the dog shoots off and starts attacking a collie that was with a lady in her seventies,while I'm jumping out of the car three guys who were cutting trees were kicking and trying to get the dog off,I grabbed the staffies collar twisted it and lifted him up which thankfully resulted in the staffie letting go,I then grabbed the lead off the youth and
said too him keep the dog on the f***k**g lead, not proud of swearing but I was a bit hyped up.The lads reply was do you want a fight I ignored this comment and then asked one of the tree cutters to hold the lead while I moved my car.On returning I consoled the elderly lady and checked over the collie which amazingly only had a small puncture wound,while I'm doing this the youth starts kicking off when he is told the police have been called and the dog was being held until the police turn up,he strips off his t-shirt and starts threatening the tree cutter who was a huge black guy,the lad is joined by his mother causing such a scene that the guy gives up and let's the dog go, the youth leaving the with the dog off the lead.I left before the police turned up so don't know what resulted but I'm convinced the dog if left would have killed the collie.As I said a bizarre incident.

Fair play for intervening :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't have happened with a French Bulldog, I'm telling you.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My mums Staffie was attacked by a Labrador last week, as it wanted to have the toy she was playing with.

So even the "nicer" breeds of dogs can be a threat.

I'm a bit more concerned about dogs attacking humans than dogs attacking other dogs, and I can't remember the last time I heard of a Labrador ripping the face off a toddler.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here