Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development squad

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
When we have a 'nothing' match it is a disappointing that some of the development squad don't get a run out. There is obviously a lot of investment in this area - why not give the likes of Adgestein/JFC/Hall a chance ? at least should be on the bench.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
When we have a 'nothing' match it is a disappointing that some of the development squad don't get a run out. There is obviously a lot of investment in this area - why not give the likes of Adgestein/JFC/Hall a chance ? at least should be on the bench.

Bit of a slap for the travelling fans though. I'd rather see us win than see a dev squad. (If we win of course!!).

Understand the sentiment though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have been very critical of the Development Squad, I don't really see the point. But it's only the first season, I think we'll get the benefit from it in a few years time when we've got our training facilities sorted out and we'll have had years of training the players in our development squad from youth level through to 19/20/21 years old.

In the meantime, we're growing players for other clubs to come in and snap up.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
But we could still field a very competitive team including the likes of the above (and i am sure travelling fans would like to see how they can perform) - surely 'blooding them' is part of their development. If they don't get a look in in this type of game when is gus ever going to give them a chance?

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I have been very critical of the Development Squad, I don't really see the point. But it's only the first season, I think we'll get the benefit from it in a few years time when we've got our training facilities sorted out and we'll have had years of training the players in our development squad from youth level through to 19/20/21 years old.

In the meantime, we're growing players for other clubs to come in and snap up.

Surely Dunk and at times JFC and Hall this season have proved that the Development is a valuable part of the club. Getting the team to play in the same manner as the seniors means it is far easier for players to step up. We have seen with some of the loan players that adapting to the way we play can be difficult.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Surely Dunk and at times JFC and Hall this season have proved that the Development is a valuable part of the club. Getting the team to play in the same manner as the seniors means it is far easier for players to step up. We have seen with some of the loan players that adapting to the way we play can be difficult.

I honestly believe that longer term, we'll get a lot from our development squad. We just need to show out of character patience with it, myself included in that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here