Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Reaction Thread

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Curious Orange said:
I think that that team was the obvious one for that game. Having Reid and Hammond right and left midfield made it quite solid, but not very attack minded, not that there weren't any attacking opportunities for us yesterday.

There will be times this season when we'll want to attack more, and in that case we'll need to use more orthodox wingers in the side.

My suspicion is that we'll see slightly different sides playing in home matches than we do away, and that seems to be the way McGhee is developing the squad - with multiple players for each position.

Fair enough but I cannot see Hart being a better option to Reid on the right. Hart may have pace but Reid's vision is second to none...remember that pass for Leon away to Sheffield Utd last season? Also Reid is not afraid to shoot.

As far as Hammond is concerned the only obvious choise to replace him on the left would be Jarret. As Hammond is our only midfielder who takes a gamble and gets ahead of the attackers I cannot see Jarret offering us much more going forward to be honest.

Id like to see McGhee stick with the same outfield team as Derby. Leon is the only one whos role I think will change. Away he will be asked to track back as an extra midfielder, at home he should be pushed further forward.

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Sigull said:
Aint heard this one before, brilliant

"Gone to the library, you should have gone to the Library

Gone to the library, you should have gone to the Library"

:lolol: :clap: :clap2:

Was sung at Watford last season and the derby lot did sing a bit more than Watford:eek:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Grades gave for Derby match. Do you agree with this and comments i have made ?
Henderson 6, Dodd 9, Mayo 6, Mcshane 9, Butters 7, Reid 7, Hammond 7, Carpenter 7, Oatway 7, Knight 8, Kazim Richards 7.

We passed the ball very well and no-one really maybe bar henderson and mayo only at times, looked bit dodgy, i thought Mcshane looked class, great header of ball, reads game very well and stays calm, very man u like defender.
Dodd, was brillant i thought my mom, news of world gave our players 6 and 7's and dodd and mcshane a 6, did they see the game, i dont believe so.
Dodd said tired, i didnt think so, he was still going up and down the wing at end, What do you guys think ?
Coca cola kid thought looked dangerous, had one good chance when took shot bit early, and he moaned a bit 2 much to dodd and knight instead of moving for it, as knight and dodd both more experienced and playing a ball, he just has to make right run into.
But bar that, he looks very good, dangerous, davies and johnson found hard to cope with, should have had a penalty and also another time, cheat johnson should have been sent off.
Thought Hammond was very strong and they couldnt cope with on set pieces, very promising looked dangerous on this year, hammond is going to get us at least 7 goals this year.
i know one game but very promising and think got the best keeper in championship in my opinion to come back yet, Kuipers, great shot stopper.
Our fans, god we totally wound up Derby fans didnt we, with us singing all the time, great atmosphere, i love away games, as home games we just sit there and the singing is very much only in a small minority of fans and when others join in, it changes, so how can you make atmosphere, but i know is hard at withdean.
But we really do have some special fans, and i loved it we were appreciated via players, Mcghee last off clapping us wasnt he, did you see Booker got his shorts pulled down, dodgy hehe.
Wish could have got tickets for reading game, but they r going to be a real danger especially as just lost and got 2 very good forwards in lita and kitson.

garethjamesuk said:
Wish could have got tickets for reading game, but they r going to be a real danger especially as just lost and got 2 very good forwards in lita and kitson.

Agreed - Plymouth have done us no favours, another tight game, first to score wins, I'm hoping with Kazza up front, it'll be us.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Richie Morris said:
Fair enough but I cannot see Hart being a better option to Reid on the right. Hart may have pace but Reid's vision is second to none...remember that pass for Leon away to Sheffield Utd last season? Also Reid is not afraid to shoot.

I didn't say Hart was a better option, he is a different option. The one criticism I'd have of Reid is that he always cuts inside his man. Incisive through balls are all very well, but they won't work against every team, we will need some orthodox crosses from time to time, and Hart is much better at that.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think on Saturday the reason Reid wasnt getting crosses in as much was because there was only Kazim-Richards in the box at times due to Leon dropping deeper.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Great thread, can't believe what i'm reading and can't wait to see this lot in action. So lets get this straight, McGhee has improved his already solid-as-f*** team?

:bowdown:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...yes we were pretty solid and passed the ball around superbly, all we need is to make a few more chances in front of goal and we may just achieve mid-table mediocrity this season.

Say, we are middle of the league, say we are middle of the league...

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Gully said:
...yes we were pretty solid and passed the ball around superbly, all we need is to make a few more chances in front of goal and we may just achieve mid-table mediocrity this season.

Say, we are middle of the league, say we are middle of the league...

Reminds me of the chant at Reading after about twenty seconds of the first game of last season - "say, we are top of the league...." Very funny, but you had to be there :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here