Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Ignore him

Votes: 87 23.2%

• Total voters

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s been long enough guys, time to boo him.
Why?

He didn’t leave in a strop or because he saw £££ signs in his eyes - He did nothing wrong in leaving to join the Club he’s supported as a kid even though it was mid season because it was a dream of his - As he said after last week’s defeat:

“I’d love to finish my career here. I’ve moved home, my kids are back with their family and get to see them a lot, that was always the plan.”

Whatever he throws at our forwards on the pitch now is par for the course but as @Hugo Rune said above Burn showed respect to one of our top strikers when he was being carted off injured - I’m not going to boo the bloke for that.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Why?

He didn’t leave in a strop or because he saw £££ signs in his eyes - He did nothing wrong in leaving to join the Club he’s supported as a kid even though it was mid season because it was a dream of his - As he said after last week’s defeat:

“I’d love to finish my career here. I’ve moved home, my kids are back with their family and get to see them a lot, that was always the plan.”

Whatever he throws at our forwards on the pitch now is par for the course but as @Hugo Rune said above Burn showed respect to one of our top strikers when he was being carted off injured - I’m not going to boo the bloke for that.
Because it’s funny and part of the pantomime that is football and the supporters

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Because it’s funny and part of the pantomime that is football and the supporters
Yes, to those that ‘deserve’ it

IMO Dan Burn doesn’t- he left us to go home and came across as a nice bloke in all the time he was at Brighton.

I’m just not one of these people who think players can’t be OTT jubilant when they score goals against their old club - especially a defender ffs. That’s not panto but genuine euphoria.

He plays like a twat sometimes now because that’s the Toon way but maybe that’s how he’s held his place in the team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Would you also argue that we boo Gross if we ever play Bor Dortmund in Europe?

( Rhetorical question - I’m not looking for an argument btw- just expressing a personal POV )

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes because it would be HILARIOUS.

I'd also, to show my genuine fondness, give him the clap.
Then I think you would be very much in the minority if you think Gross deserves to be booed.

As for Burn, looks like over 70% of posters on this thread feel as I do so I’ll leave it at that 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here