Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Cup O' tea an' a slice O' cake - RIP Aunt Sally

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
My dad definitely had a crush on her.

She was a beautiful looking woman as well as a talented actress in her heyday of the early 60's. I was a mere nipper at the time I saw her on TV, more my dads age too. amazing eyes.

RIP Una.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For those of a certian age Worzel Gummidge was a Saturday night staple, sad news to hear that Una Stubbs, who played Aunt Sally, has passed away at the age of 84.

Awww sad news indeed, l so loved that woman, played so many diverse roles, everything from Alf's much put upon daughter Rita, right the way through to much more serious dramas.

R.I.P. Una.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Her character Rita in 'Till Death Us do Part' was interesting in that she continually admonished Alf Warren Mitchell for his racist and bigoted attitudes. All part of a her character as his foil. Her on screen husband Mike 'Scouse Git' was played by the late Anthony Booth who was the father of Cherie Blair. Till Death Us do Part still a defining comedy which had an influence in shaping the modern UK's more tolerant multicultural attitudes.

RIP Una

TNBA

TTF

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It's 1963, I'm 10 and watching the lovely Una dancing in Cliff Richards's film Summer Holiday at the Ritz Cinema in Shoreham.
RIP Lovely lady.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'll always remember stumbling out of the Royal Horseguards Hotel on New Years Day morning a few years ago and going for a walk, whereupon Una Stubbs was walking the other way on a deserted street. She actually looked at me and said "Good Morning!" with a big smile. Not your normal 'Sleb' !!

RIP Aunt Sally (as that's what I remember her as, too..)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's 1963, I'm 10 and watching the lovely Una dancing in Cliff Richards's film Summer Holiday at the Ritz Cinema in Shoreham.
RIP Lovely lady.

Funnily enough that clip isn't from Summer holiday.
I assumed it was too, but got stuck in a rabbit hole trying to remember the blond actress's name.

Apparently it's from Wonderful life - Pretty much identical cast apart from the blond love interest (Susan Hampshire)

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Nooooo! I loved her! Had a bit of a thing for her when she was in 'till death us to part, loved her as Aunt Sally! Rest in peace Una, a sad, sad day!! Miss you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep. Bizarrely they had the same theme tune for a while.

Chicken Man
The theme to Grange Hill is actually called Chicken Man. It's a library piece. That means it can be used for whatever a client wants to use it for providing they pay for it.

From the internet.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
As a child I was petrified of Worzel, and still can’t watch it up this day.
I loved Summer Holiday though (still do) - it was before my time (I was born in 1975) but was brought up hugely on early 60s music etc.
Una was terrific in Summer Holiday and the movie was a MASSIVE success. Cliff did pretty well during 1963 even though Beatlemania was starting its unstoppable momentum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here