fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Dr Martens Premier
as at 1/1/04 P W D L F A Pts
1 Weymouth 23 12 8 3 44 20 44
2 Crawley Town 22 11 9 3 40 25 41

BEAT ME TO IT TRIGGER!!

They will be in Conference Two next year anyway, but they will be in Conference One if they win this league.

Come on the TOWN.:clap: :clap: :clap:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Crawley keeper sent off and tiny left back Ian Payne goes in goal and saves a Steve Claridge penalty.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Crawley is a bigger place than the likes of Blackburn and Burnley.It is about time Sussex had a team in the conference.The closest we got was 1997 i think.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
burgess hill going to be in dr martens premier next year if they finish top 7 - minor slip up today though, lost against histon

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
Scotty M said:
burgess hill going to be in dr martens premier next year if they finish top 7
With the restructure though that'll only be the same level of the pryamid as they are in now, thus missing out on it is effectively relegation even if the name of the league will remain the same.

As for Crawley for the Conference, well it'd be nice and the game at Weymouth today was a nail-bitter. Still we were 8 points behind at the end of play on Boxing Day. A win on Tuesday and it's just goal difference seperating us. Oh, how the table can change in a fortnight.

Not counting chickens though, just hope they don't fcuk it up at Grantham on Tuesday now after doing the hard bit today.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I work in Crawley and live near Burgess Hill. I'd like to see them both do well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
went on new years to watch the game and it was dyer and welling should have won it after there striker slipped when one on one

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hmm. I've mixed feelings. I know in terms of radius there is quite a large gap between us and the nearest league clubs, but leaving aside the south coast strip most of our 'catchment area' is either fields (with the occasional village) or blue sea.

Would we lose mid-Sussex support if Crawley got into the League?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I work in crawley and live in horsham (born and Bred). My second team are Horsham and as such I hope crawley get stuffed week in week out and do nothing........

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never been that keen on Crawley, but let us remember those sweet, sweet words:

"defender Ian Payne went in goal after keeper Andy Little was sent off, and brilliantly saved Steve Claridge's penalty"

If you read his Sunday People column at the weekend, Claridge was ranting about how many cloggers there are in his league, who have the nerve to tackle and (shock) sometimes even foul the great man himself. Self important twat. Hopefully Crawley made him choke on his after match beer.

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Brovian said:
Hmm. I've mixed feelings. I know in terms of radius there is quite a large gap between us and the nearest league clubs, but leaving aside the south coast strip most of our 'catchment area' is either fields (with the occasional village) or blue sea.

Would we lose mid-Sussex support if Crawley got into the League?

Do many people from up there support the Albion? I used to live near Crawley, and I don't remember much support for the Seagulls. I don't think it would have much of an impact on Brighton's support base if Crawley made it to the Conference. Besides, we're the bigger club and if we ever did become successful, we would attract more supporters from there.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
id rather see lewes do well myself
the one thing bout crawley is there fantastic ground how did they get the go ahead for that so quickly and we have to wait 7 years

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I got asked to go to Crawley at Under 18s but didnt because I hate Crawley as a place and the people who live there (though there are some exceptions). It is a crap Palace town and most people there hate Brighton with a passion. As far as catchment areas, Horsham is the last real Brighton town and as a resident of it I can assure you that its population would not ditch brighton for a bunch of mockney tossers.

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
kinkygerbil said:
the one thing bout crawley is there fantastic ground how did they get the go ahead for that so quickly and we have to wait 7 years
It's a council owned ground built on council land for £4.5m after the council sold the land the Town Mead ground was on in the town centre to developers. The site of the old ground is now Crawley Leisure Park, home to Hollywood Bowl, UGC Cinema, TGI Friday etc. etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here