Connor Wickham blows £17,500 on bottle of champagne...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its 15 LITRES tho eh? Big old bottle. Relative to our incomes, we've probably all done worse. Don't agree with the spraying around tho, that's a waste of good champagne. Should imagine its not gone down too well in some quarters tho.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I'm sure there are plenty of City traders, company directors, mates of Prince Harry and Michael Winner types who wouldn't think twice about spending £17k on a bottle of vintage wine in a Michelin starred restaurant any day of the week.

They don't make the papers though, for some reason.

Don't be argumentative.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems a bit of a waste of money to me, but it'll help the economy of Spain a little bit which is a good thing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Reason I cancelled sky.

"good evening. You are through to Rajesh at Sky. May I take your name"

"Footsoldier"

"Hello Footsoldier, how can I help?"

"Id like to cancel my sky subscription please"

"Ok Mr Soldier. As a matter of interest may I ask as to why you will be cancelling with us today?"

"Connor Wickham spent a lot of money on some champagne"

"I understand sir."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, obviously, but who really gives a shit about someone deciding to spunk their money in a way they choose?

I do not think this is the actual issue for most. It's more to do with the fact that off the back of England's limp showing in the WC we see a very very average footballer with such spending power.

I do not think this is the actual issue for most. It's more to do with the fact that off the back of England's limp showing in the WC we see a very very average footballer with such spending power.

Agree with this.

The issue for me is not that he spends 17k on a bottle of Champagne, god knows what I'd spend money on if I was that wealthy. It's that he can afford to in the first place.

But that said, as a subscriber to Sky, I guess it's partly my fault, a bit like moaning about traffic when sitting in a traffic jam.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He's not exactly beating them off with a shitty stick as the only bird in those pictures is some ginga minga.
So it's hardly the fanny magnet he'd hoped for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports