Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Kaba .. Justice served ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
None of us know. We weren't there, we don't know the full facts of the case. We cannot judge from our keyboards and what is written online.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
None of us know. We weren't there, we don't know the full facts of the case. We cannot judge from our keyboards and what is written online.
Well said.

The place for these matters to be decided is in a court of law

We might sometimes be surprised by decisions. We won't always like the decisions or some may trigger our pre existing prejudices one way or another. But all we can do is respect that the legal process ran its course.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

This is true

Video here and it's hard to say what happened after he drove off

If a police officer points a gun at me then I would not resist nor continue acting in a manner that would cause them to make a decision, to pull that trigger or not.

This isn't America, yet, it's not a "normal" situation to be faced with a police officer pointing a gun at you.

As is this, we don't have an issue with police shooting people in this country, which is why it's big news when it happens.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Absolutely this.

I hope that all parties are able to accept the verdict of the jury.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Two other officers who were there have both said that they were a split second from from firing. If this had gone the other way, I suspect many firearms officers around the country would have handed in their tickets. I am also proud to say that my son is a fire arms officer, if there were a terrorist incident, he would be running towards it protecting his community.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Absolutely this...... and yet there are people up and down the country passing judgement based on their own prejudices ....

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Oh shock there were protesters making it a ‘black lives matter’ case, when in reality they should be saying ‘bellends who think they’re above the law lives matter’. Twats.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If a police officer points a gun at me then I would not resist nor continue acting in a manner that would cause them to make a decision, to pull that trigger or not.

This isn't America, yet, it's not a "normal" situation to be faced with a police officer pointing a gun at you.
It's easy to say such thing from your priveleged position knowing it would be highly unlikely you would ever be in such situation, however, the uncomfortable truth is we live in a country / society where if you are black it's common place. Feel free to argue / pretend otherwise

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's easy to say such thing from your priveleged position knowing it would be highly unlikely you would ever be in such situation, however, the uncomfortable truth is we live in a country / society where if you are black it's common place. Feel free to argue / pretend otherwise
How many times a year do firearms officers discharge their weapons a year vs times called out/minutes spend at airports etc.

People stop when asked when faced by an armed officer, what ever the background they come from.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How many times a year do firearms officers discharge their weapons a year vs times called out/minutes spend at airports etc.

People stop when asked when faced by an armed officer, what ever the background they come from.
Last night on PM they were interviewing a former senior firearms officer who is also black and he said not one shot fired by the police in any operation he led and that there is almost never a shot fired by the police.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here