Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
f***ing hell - he's a real-life Superman in every way.

Found this in another article...

"However, after a scan last September showed a tumour in his shoulder, a second scan found the main cancer to be in his prostate – which has since metastasized to Hoy’s shoulder, pelvis, hip, ribs and spine."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Awful news. Hoy is one of GB's greatest Olympians, one of Scotland's greatest athletes.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Poor guy and I really feel for his family. Cancer really is a *another c-word* that destroys so many lives.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's just not right.

Wishing all the best. Hoping for magic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cancer, what an evil thing.
It truly is.

A few years back, I lost a close friend to a brain tumour. She lived a healthy life, exercised regularly, ate all the right things, didn't drink excessively, and was a picture of health. Then one day, completely out of the blue, she collapsed at home. It was a stage 4 glioblastoma, the most aggressive brain cancer you can get. The tumour was too deep for them to operate, and she passed away about 9 months later.

It brought home to me just how cruel cancer is. It doesn't matter how healthy your lifestyle, what great shape you can be in, if you're on it's list, it'll get you anyway. Just so heartbreaking and upsetting.

I understand Hoy has been given 2-4 years. There just aren't the words.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Terrible news. I really hope he is able to enjoy the time he has left with his loved ones. Remarkable achievements in his career. Cancer is evil.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very sad news.

I was lucky enough to be in the velodrome to see one of his Olympic gold medal rides, in the Team Sprint at London 2012 - one of my absolute favourite live sport memories.

Wishing him and his family nothing but the best for as long as they have together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here