Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano

Lots of rumours floating around how this is being financed. Permanant deals, but part of some kind of move into the club by new investors? W Ham are ripe for a takeover.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I bet they both flop.

South Americans just aren't cut out for the Premiership.
Rubbish, these aren't Juan Veron type players, Mascherano is a tough tackling defensive midfielder and Tevez is a beast, very similar to Rooney in playing style and temperament, but possibly a bit stronger.

It's been reported that Roman Abramovich has a significant share in the company that owns Corinthians, and Chelsea have long been linked with these two. All very odd.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Apparently this was posted on a Rotherham United message-board earlier today. What you read might actually be total crap but it does make for some interesting reading...

Taken from a Rotherham Message Board

Just in case you didn't think the Premiership was utterly morally bankrupt.

Corinthians are co-managed by MSI (Media Sports Investment) Group which also owns the contracts of the players. Corinithians wanted to sell Tevez to Man U for a whopping £23m. Arsenal also made an offer.

MSI declined to transfer either contract to Manchester United or Arsenal. Instead, they stipulated that the players should move to a "second-tier" London Premier League club if they were moving at all.

MSI is largely owned and controlled by Mr R Abramovich, Stamford Bridge, UK. It has other deals with other clubs. So, not only can Chelsea outbid everyone else, they can also stop rival clubs buying players that they don't want, too.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Thimble Keegan said:
Apparently this was posted on a Rotherham United message-board earlier today. What you read might actually be total crap but it does make for some interesting reading...

Taken from a Rotherham Message Board

Just in case you didn't think the Premiership was utterly morally bankrupt.

Corinthians are co-managed by MSI (Media Sports Investment) Group which also owns the contracts of the players. Corinithians wanted to sell Tevez to Man U for a whopping £23m. Arsenal also made an offer.

MSI declined to transfer either contract to Manchester United or Arsenal. Instead, they stipulated that the players should move to a "second-tier" London Premier League club if they were moving at all.

MSI is largely owned and controlled by Mr R Abramovich, Stamford Bridge, UK. It has other deals with other clubs. So, not only can Chelsea outbid everyone else, they can also stop rival clubs buying players that they don't want, too.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Think this has already been covered on the first page mate. Is very shady and something is not right with the move.

Danny Seagull, You emntioned no South Americans are a success in the Prem??? That Gus Poyet bloke was a big flop as were Ardiles and Villa back in the day. I also think Angel is proving his worth now as are the likes of Nobby Solano. Or is it just me that thinks it depends on the players temprement as to whether they can cope with the prem or not.:shrug:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Their temprement and their style of play (it's not just South Americans though, all foreign players, less South Americans come here because of the climate). Veron, the biggest flop in recent years, just wasn't suited to the tempo and physical nature of the league. He turned in some great Champions League performances for Man U though.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Thimble Keegan's post makes interesting reading.

Why no details about the fees of either player - if one of them was going for 23 million what is this deal worth!?

Do west Ham really have 30+ million to spend on 2 players!

Why no details about length of contracts?

Something very strange here - needs a decent journo to spend a bit of time down in South America.

Where's Richie Morris and LI when you need them...

:jester:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think you will find it has to do with Mr Abramovich!

I f***ing hate Chelsea!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gritt23 said:
The company that owned the registration to the two players were trying to takeover West Ham not so long ago. I wouldn't be surprised if THAT deal also goes through sometime soon. Maybe they couldn't afford what the West Ham owners wanted, but this effectively reduces the price they have to pay by £30m. Perhaps they can now afford to buy the club.

Breaking News

West Ham Takeover

*coughs*

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thimble Keegan said:
Nothing like a bigot.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Why does hating Chelsea qualify someone as a bigot in your view, just out of interest?

seagullsovergrimsby said:
We may be able to get BZ on loan then.

I'm sure we'd all love that, but I can't see much (if any) realistic chance of it. Even if these two signings do mean that BZ is made available for loan, you can bet that we wouldn't be first in the pecking order (assuming we showed an interest in the first place, and it was financially viable), and I'm not sure whether any fondness that BZ may have for us would be enough to tip the scales in our favour.

Of course, that's all entirely hypothetical, and I would assume (although we can all dream otherwise), it is likely to remain nothing more than that.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
AlexFrutos said:
Why does hating Chelsea qualify someone as a bigot in your view, just out of interest?

Well, I made a joke/quip about Celtic and BHANutz decided to label me a 'bigot' for some unfathomable reason, so after he has said that he "hates Chelsea", I thought I would reply in kind.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Lots of lovely links for the conspiracy theorists to have a field day!

MSI is an investment vehicle run by Kia Joorbchian, Iranian born, Brit educated. Already it owns Corthinthians.

He has long had a business relationship with Abramovich and another oligarch Boris Berezovsky. What is their relationship to MSI we wonder??

Corthinthians have a partnership arrangement with Dinamo Tblisi, owned by Badri Patarkatsishvili - who happens to have been a co-owner of oil company Sibneft along with Abramovich and Berezovsky.

There is some rumours going around that Corinthians were only able to buy Tevez from Boca Juniors in the first place because of Abramovich. Abromovich's yacht was in Beunos Aires when the deal happened.

There are obviously rules about owners having interests in more than one Prem club. Good luck to the dozy FA lot at Lancaster Gate in enforcing these rules!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
London Irish said:
MSI is an investment vehicle run by Kia Joorbchian, Iranian born,

I knew it!! I blame Islamic Extremists :angry: :angry: :angry:

Is his investment vehicle packed with high exposives???

Bry Nylon said:
I knew it!! I blame Islamic Extremists :angry: :angry: :angry:

Is his investment vehicle packed with high exposives???

Russia owns Chelsea!

Iran about to own West Ham!

Coming next, North Korea moves in on Palace :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

borat

Jul 16, 2003
And after that the worlds biggest terrorists will
take over Man U...................

S*** has already happened

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here