Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Away Support - Immense

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Fantastic noise from beginning to end:banana:

But..... we really need some new songs :lol:

sat in the kitchen in sunny shoreham by sea, the much derided 'aaaaaal - beeyurn, aaaaaal - beeyurn' coming across the airwaves sent shivers down the ol' vertebrae

Another fine performance pushing the boys home - you did us proud :thumbsup:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I tried to get everybody to sing Goodbye my lover by James Blunt, it didn't catch on.

[yt]wVyggTKDcOE[/yt] <-- The chorus to that would sound Quala.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Got the EB song going a few times but not many joined in

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I got my Watford friend to take a picture of our away support, superb.

167552_501122852833_599782833_5985897_3811198_n.jpg

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
How can that stand possibly hold 5800, as quoted on several sites, if there are only 3600 in that picture?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We were as good as Watford were pathetic
I have been there a number of times and never heard a peep out of them.
Worse support we've ever seen (except Reading)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think it would have been far quieter if we were at Withdean! Great to hear we out sung them - must have been a big boost for the players

They were as quiet as I've ever heard. Arsenal in their Highbury days were like the noise from an RAF station in comparison. Mind you, we were very noisy today, which is not always the case when we have a big away following.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And to think I got gunned down when I said we had SOME of the best away support in the country a few weeks back - we do by the way. A comment like that was very regular and people wouldn't batter an eyelid 5 - 10 yrs ago - we were even voted BEST fans in England one yr FFS - not much has changed?!

Agree we need some more songs but funny that when we try to and try to start it via NSC (ideal place to do it) some fans just ridicule it and slag it off cos they don't like it - ala the Bennett song thread!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3939409 said:
Immense in numbers yes.

The lack of variation in the chanting was embarassing. Even "Brighton Aces" seems to have died now.

Agree. It now seems to be a random selection between:

1) Seaaaaagullls.
2) Allllbiioooooon. Allllllbiiiioooooon.
3) Brighton Aces
4) Super Brighton
5) GOSBTS

But, then I'm not sure how you'd educate 4,000 as to the lyrics to a couple of new songs. I heard a few near me (Around Row K, seat 1?) singing a Calderon song which sounded a bit nifty, but no-one else knew the words to join in.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3939409 said:
Immense in numbers yes.

The lack of variation in the chanting was embarassing. Even "Brighton Aces" seems to have died now.

I got to sing "there's only one Tommy Elphick" for the first time in ages? :shrug:

:jester:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
And to think I got gunned down when I said we had SOME of the best away support in the country a few weeks back - we do by the way. A comment like that was very regular and people wouldn't batter an eyelid 5 - 10 yrs ago - we were even voted BEST fans in England one yr FFS - not much has changed?!

Agree we need some more songs but funny that when we try to and try to start it via NSC (ideal place to do it) some fans just ridicule it and slag it off cos they don't like it - ala the Bennett song thread!

People don't have to think it's a good song. It's called freedom of speech.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here