Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brick Lane Curry Houses

Dandyman

In London village.
Curse this thread for reminding me of tayyabs and the Lahore.
All I want now is a big plate of chops and a couple of roti.
Ok maybe some dry meat too.
And perhaps a sag paneer.

BASTARD ! Got me going me now.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
I was in the Lahore Kebab HOuse last night and it was the bollocks. Did get some criticism at home today for stinking of curry !

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have been to a few in Brick Lane but the best by far is Aladin. The service was friendly and good plus the food was excellent...They also claim it is a favourite restaurant of Jermain Defoe and strangley enough Prince Charles. Aladin has also been featured on the BBC's list of ‘World’s Best Curry Houses’.

Albion, England & Curry forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been to a few in Brick Lane but the best by far is Aladin. The service was friendly and good plus the food was excellent...They also claim it is a favourite restaurant of Jermain Defoe and strangley enough Prince Charles. Aladin has also been featured on the BBC's list of ‘World’s Best Curry Houses’.

Albion, England & Curry forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Yep, I have been to Aladin as well. Not bad at all.

thekinglives

Aug 14, 2010
Strongly recommend the Standard Balti House on Brick Lane. Always good, very reasonable, never had Delhi belly...

This. Been to the Standard Balti House many times, and always been pretty decent.
Many restaurants on Brick Lane are Bring Your Own alcohol which can save you a fortune. The standard balti house has a off license opposite, so you can get a large Cobra from there for £2 instead of the restaurant price of £5...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Trouble is Brick Lane is simply a tired old Bangladeshi Cliche..... every restaurant serves the same... at the same prices more or less... no different really from your local in Brighton.

For something at touch more interesting, but near to Brick Lane... Anokha- Fen church, Creechurch Lane..... its a treat.

Tayyabs is the best of the rest in my view.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Tayyabs is great but you cannot book. If you turn up by around 7 you should be OK to get a table within about 15 minutes, or sooner even. It's also a bring your own booze, there's a Tesco express a little further along Fieldgate St so don't forget to stock up...

Dandyman

In London village.
Thanks all :thumbsup:

By unanimous verdict gonna give Tayyabs a ring later on.

As the above poster has said, is it true you cannot book a table?

Edit: just checked their website and you can make a booking on there.

You can book but be aware you will probably have a short wait until you get your table - BYO has it's advantages.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
There's an offy a couple of doors away, we were sending out volunteers for boxes of Cobra on a regular basis all evening.

Dandyman

In London village.
OK thanks.

Might have skipped over a post on it, but what's the nearest offy to it?

And any specific dish recommendations?

Lamb chops are a good starter. Most of the newsagents/convenience shops next to Whitechapel tube sell beer.

Menu is here:
eat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here