Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog: F**k the banks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a nice little wholesome story which appeals to me. In a nutshell Brewdog needed to borrow £2m to build a new brewery. Banks said no, so they went to their customers for investment. They have just closed the innovative share offer ahead of schedule.

Equity for Punks hits target and closes early

I know there are a number of Brewdog fans on here, anyone invest?

I put a few quid in and I am looking forward to the AGM at the end of April.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
??? they did this a couple of years ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We run this for Brewdog. [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] knows a lot about these folk.

Oh wow. You ran the offer? I'll get in touch with Mr nail-Z as I'm a huge fan of their products.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
??? they did this a couple of years ago.

You are correct, this offer was titled 'Equity for Punks II'. What was different about this offer to the last one though? They claim this particular offer/model is new.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep - we ran the offer. [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] will be with me on Saturday when we 'do the deal'.

Gotcha, I have just PMed him as well. Can either of you bring my share certificate with you on Saturday then :smile:?

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Gotcha, I have just PMed him as well. Can either of you bring my share certificate with you on Saturday then :smile:?

They are a quirky company that certainly capture the imagination.

Their original offer didn't quite raise enough capital, so they restructured the offer and launched EFP II to make the shares cheaper, by doing a 10:1 split.

I wouldn't say I know a great deal about the company, but I have followed their progress with interest and have invested in both of their offers. I've also been to their pub in Edinburgh.Their beers are ruddy nice too! Although I've yet to dip in to the Tactical Nuclear Penguin @ 32% ABV.

As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said - we ran the share offers for them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
btw, in what way did you run the offer for them? i seem to have utterly missed it this time round.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They are a quirky company that certainly capture the imagination.

Their original offer didn't quite raise enough capital, so they restructured the offer and launched EFP II to make the shares cheaper, by doing a 10:1 split.

I wouldn't say I know a great deal about the company, but I have followed their progress with interest and have invested in both of their offers. I've also been to their pub in Edinburgh.Their beers are ruddy nice too! Although I've yet to dip in to the Tactical Nuclear Penguin @ 32% ABV.

As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said - we ran the share offers for them.

Ah, okay. Interesting.

The beers are nice, very nice. Punk IPA and the 77 Lager are my favourites, and Hardcore IPA at a push. They have just opened a pub in my old stomping ground of Camden so I will be checking out the outlet side of the business very shortly. I like their slightly off the wall approach and DIY ethic as well....and hopefully I'll make some money on my investment.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Ah, okay. Interesting.

The beers are nice, very nice. Punk IPA and the 77 Lager are my favourites, and Hardcore IPA at a push. They have just opened a pub in my old stomping ground of Camden so I will be checking out the outlet side of the business very shortly. I like their slightly off the wall approach and DIY ethic as well....and hopefully I'll make some money on my investment.

They drove a military tank through Camden at the launch didn't they?

That, and serving up beer through road kill squirrels and stoats are amongst my favourite publicity stunts.

Oh - your certificate is due to be sent to you Tuesday / Wednesday next week :thumbsup:. Then you can apply for your 'membership card' for your lifetime discount.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They drove a military tank through Camden at the launch didn't they?

That, and serving up beer through road kill squirrels and stoats are amongst my favourite publicity stunts.

Oh - your certificate is due to be sent to you Tuesday / Wednesday next week :thumbsup:. Then you can apply for your 'membership card' for your lifetime discount.

They did indeed drive a tank through Camden. I look forward to my certificate arriving. I purchased some shares right at the start and already have my membership card. I upped my investment just before Xmas as I noticed that over a certain threshold they also gave you a year's membership of their special beer club.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Ah, okay. Interesting.

Punk IPA is awesome. The Camden pub's opened then? It still looked very much like a building site when I checked their website last.

Where is it in Camden?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Punk IPA is awesome. The Camden pub's opened then? It still looked very much like a building site when I checked their website last.

Where is it in Camden?

Hi there, you are of course correct, Punk IPA is awesome. The pub is at 113 Bayham Street and is indeed open; a friend of mine has drunk there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm really pleased for them, great idea and a positive outcome for all concerned..oh, except the banks !

Would be interesting to see if other companies might consider this method of raising capital in the future, then we might see a better attitude from the banks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Above all else their beers are well good. If you are a Hophead try them.

Egon Spengler

Jul 5, 2011
Great Beers. I first tried the Tokyo at a cheeky 18.2%. Punk IPA and Trashy Blonde are much more my thing.

I really like the way they've been open about problems with the online shop and brewing quality.

Also looking forward to the Abstrakt beers.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
"Er. Pint of Tactical Nuclear Penguin please." ..............Snigger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here