Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma quarantine

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Fifa have dropped the rule they had last season that allowed clubs to refuse international call ups for players if they had to quarantine on return to their clubs. So some players will inevitably have to quarantine/isolate after international fixtures under the current rules.

Bissouma hasn't played for Mali since 2018 though, he was in the preliminary squad for the summer internationals but wasn't selected for the final squad. I am not sure if he's had a falling out with their head coach or something but it seems remarkable that he is not playing international football regularly.

Should have been loaned to Leeds, that would have guaranteed international honours...!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So what now happens if the player wants to go? It's one thing Salah missing an Egypt game, he'll be picked next time regardless. But for someone like Alzate, he probably won't play for us AND will miss out on solidifying his place in the Colombia squad. He'll be a bit gutted I expect.

Also, will the possible FIFA ban be enforced now its a premier league decision? Interesting times

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
So what now happens if the player wants to go? It's one thing Salah missing an Egypt game, he'll be picked next time regardless. But for someone like Alzate, he probably won't play for us AND will miss out on solidifying his place in the Colombia squad. He'll be a bit gutted I expect.

Also, will the possible FIFA ban be enforced now its a premier league decision? Interesting times

Colombia have already named their squad for the September internationals, Alzate wasn't picked. Sanchez (Spurs) and Mina (Everton) are the only two PL players named.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Fairy nuff.

So is it Caicedo, Mwepu, Bissouma, Mac Allister affected? Anyone else?

Mac Allister hasn't been named in the Argentina squad. Ecuador, Zambia and Mali haven't named their squads yet. Tau has been given permission to join up with South Africa, if he's a Brighton player by then remains to be seen however the Egyptian transfer window doesn't open for a few more days and closes sometime in October so his transfer might not be quite so imminent as some think as they are just about to enter their close season.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Can someone explain to me why when the country is still seeing 30k cases a day there are Red zone countries that you have to quarantine when returning from them? I would fully understand if the UK had close to zero cases, but you dont 30k a day and no restrictions, why the hysteria about a few returning footballers?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Can someone explain to me why when the country is still seeing 30k cases a day there are Red zone countries that you have to quarantine when returning from them? I would fully understand if the UK had close to zero cases, but you dont 30k a day and no restrictions, why the hysteria about a few returning footballers?

Protection from different variants I’d imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here