Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC 23-man squad for next season

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The only thing I can't understand is why you'd keep Dicker but NOT Navarro. Navarro has been SUPERB this season, one of our best players in 2012 certainly.

Personally I would only keep Dicker as a squad player and I think he offers us more than Navarro. I think I'd cut an additional 2 or 3 from the squad and look for replacements but that would then be a very strong championship side and I.m not sure if we will be ready by next season

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Personally I would only keep Dicker as a squad player and I think he offers us more than Navarro. I think I'd cut an additional 2 or 3 from the squad and look for replacements but that would then be a very strong championship side and I.m not sure if we will be ready by next season

Replace Dicker with Jamie Ward from Derby. I think he would suit out style of play and can play anywhere in midfield. Dicker has been a great player for us over the years but is a bit to predicable for the championship and gives the ball away in our own half too much

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sell. He does not fit into the style of play that Gus wants. No matter what anyone says on here we will not play two up front. We should cut our losses and try again, especially if Reading are supposed to be interested - We might even get a profit!
More likely get egg on face, though I can't see Reading wanting to try him in the Premiership if he is still unproven in th championship.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
People need to be very realistic if they think certain players have the potential to be quality championship players,the likes of sparrow,navarro and dicker are no way good enough,they're just one paced horses.You need players with strengh and a zip about them,also these are far to slow.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Keeper
*New*, Brezovan, East.
Full-backs
Calderon, Vincelot, *Mattock*, *New*.
Centre-backs
Greer, El-Abd, Dunk, Elphick, Hall (think this will be his breakthrough year)
Central Midfielders
Bridcutt, *New DM*, Forster-Caskey, *New CM*, *New CM*
Wingers/free role attackers
*Vicente (if he stays)*/*New (if he doesn't)*, Buckley, LuaLua, Noone
Strikers
Mackail-Smith, *New*, Barnes, Agdestein

Released: Ankergren, Gonzalez, Poke, Painter, Navarro. Possibly harsh on Navarro as he has been great this season but Gus has said he will be ruthless and he's the wrong side of 30 now.
Sold: Dicker, Sparrow, Harley, Hoskins. We're overcrowded with deadwood in the middle. Harley has failed to impress; Sparrow, whilst contributing goals, appears to be a red card liability and is wildly inconsistent. Dicker I like but I fear he may be part of the cull, despite having great vision, he's often ponderous caught in possession. Hoskins hasn't had much of a chance but it seems his face doesn't fit- Gus hasn't exactly fallen over himself to reassure us he's only out on loan for match fitness.

Not sure: More or less all the development squad. I don't know enough to cast my opinion, so will trust the club who know the players' true potential better than I. Agdestein, Hall, Dunk & JFC have been managed expertly IMO, possibly one or two of these guys will break into the fringes of the 1st team. Who knows.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sell. He does not fit into the style of play that Gus wants. No matter what anyone says on here we will not play two up front. We should cut our losses and try again, especially if Reading are supposed to be interested - We might even get a profit!

We'll see... can't see him going TBH...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So many people choosing to lose Navarro but keep Dicker. Hilarious.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Just ridiculous. Navs has proved this season he is a GOOD player at Champ level. Dicker...hasn't.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I don't get it.

Dicker has been poor.
Navarro most improved player IMO.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't get it.

Dicker has been poor.
Navarro most improved player IMO.

Because NSC being NSC, they all decided he was shit after his first 5 very poor games and refuse to believe otherwise.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Because NSC being NSC, they all decided he was shit after his first 5 very poor games and refuse to believe otherwise.

Actually I think they are both of similar ability, but would keep Dicker over Navarro because:
(a) Navarro is 30 ish whereas Dicker is 23 ish and still likely to improve
(b) Navarro is out of contract

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gus at this morning's press conference suggested that he is already talking to players in the squad with the hint that some contracted players might not figure in his plans.

Also "you normally have 5 or 6 new players at the start of the season"...................... so expect that many new faces at least :)

"15 clubs had bigger budgets than the Albion in the Championship this year and the majority had more than double" - that's a big gap to make up and the new rules on fair play coupled with parachute payments will widen the gap unless we can increase revenue significantly. Good job we have more seats going in

Last edited:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton

A lot of people don't understand what Navarro does. Unless he is there playing killer passes, scoring or making last ditch goal saving tackles people don't see what a player does - same problem Barnes has unfortunately.

nick1984

Apr 9, 2012
Keep Dicker and Navarro. Get rid of Harley and Hoskins in Midfield. Painter should also be cut out. I would like Mattock to be signed up as he's a geniunely quality LB.

Summing it up: New goalkeeper needed, new FB needed (hopefully keep Mattock), new Striker needed Rhodes anyone???

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need a goalkeeper. Is Kusjak (sorry about the spelling) going anywhereelse on loan next season? Maybe Reading will feel (like Leeds did a couple of years ago when we got Ankergren) that their GK isn't up to the next level - but unfortunately I think he is well up to it. Decent size bid for Speroni, then.
Plus a midfielder in the Gerrard / Toure / Scholes mode (though, fair enough, fat chance of us getting any of those!) - someone who can put their foot on the ball, take hold of the game by the scruff of the neck, and rampage forward and score occasionally (or preferably slightly more often than that) - basically someone who can do what it takes any two from Dicker, Navarro, Sparrow and Harley to do, as unfortunately the rules prevent us from playing 12 players instead of 11!
That may be all we need - CMS may well score if fed properly, and supported well enough by players rampaging through from midfield to support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here