Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC 23-man squad for next season

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Who would be in your 23-man squad for next season plus a handful of development players? Meaning who would you be encouraging to find pastures new?

GK
New, New, Brezovan

DEF
Calderon, New FB, Dunk, Greer, Elphick, New CB, El-Abd, New LB

MID
Buckley, Noone, LuaLua, Vicente, Bridcutt, New DM, Dicker, New CM

ST
Mackail-Smith, Barnes, New ST, New ST

Meaning loanee's could become the new signings but that the following are replaced: Poke, Ankergren, Gonzalez, Vincelot, Painter, Taricco, Navarro, Sparrow, Harley, Hoskins.

I may have been a little soft on some and we could see more change than this

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
can't see why vincelot would go, he's been decent for us and is very versatile as he can quite literally play anywhere. Don't get why people want him out because he's hardly put a foot wrong. Navs isn't a great player but has been very good for us during 2012 so doubt he will go. Also sparrow, when he's played we've done well and gives us energy from the centre of midfield with his late runs into the box which have created a few goals for us this year. But i'd bet that has gone un-noticed

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
GK
New, New, Brezovan

DEF
Calderon, New RB, Dunk, Greer, New CB, El-Abd, New LB (Mattock), Another new LB

MID
Buckley, Noone, LuaLua, Vicente, Bridcutt, New DM, New CM, New CM

ST
Mackail-Smith (Would sell for the right offer), Barnes, Major New ST, Vokes

Would happily keep Vincelot, JFC, Navarro, Hoskins as squad players too. None are on major wages

Would concentrate all my spend on a CF, a GK and a Box2box CM.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
While the 5 sub rule is still in effect, I would keep Vincelot. By no means the best player in the squad, but gives us plenty of options during an injury crisis. Assuming he doesnt elbow a player off the ball that is....

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
While the 5 sub rule is still in effect, I would keep Vincelot. By no means the best player in the squad, but gives us plenty of options during an injury crisis. Assuming he doesnt elbow a player off the ball that is....

I may have overlooked the need for versatile players with our 5 sub rule

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
can't see why vincelot would go, he's been decent for us and is very versatile as he can quite literally play anywhere. Don't get why people want him out because he's hardly put a foot wrong. Navs isn't a great player but has been very good for us during 2012 so doubt he will go. Also sparrow, when he's played we've done well and gives us energy from the centre of midfield with his late runs into the box which have created a few goals for us this year. But i'd bet that has gone un-noticed

I think he has been very solid every time we have called on him to stand in would be on my keep list

I think Vincelot proved that he's good enough at this level. Navarro has really improved recently but Poyet would be able to put his wages to better use in the transfer market. I also think that it's going to take another two/three years to build a team capable of holding it's own in the premiership. I'd sooner wait than experiencing heavy defeats and having to suffer the usual moaners plus being laughed at by the Pykies of South Croydon

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
GK
New, New, Brezovan

DEF

MID
Buckley, Noone, LuaLua, Vicente, Bridcutt, Vincelot, New CM, Navarro

ST

To go - Poke, Ankergren, Gonzalez, Painter, Taricco, Dicker, Sparrow, Harley, Hoskins.

Vincelot stays due to his versatility, from the development squad JFC, Hall and Toby all to be part of the squad. Hopefully the new left back will be Mattock. I'd keep Navarro over Dicker and Sparrow. I'd look at Liam Trotter for the midfield, Ashdown from Pompey as one of the new keepers. 2 big name strikers to show our intentions for the season. Also due to Hall stepping up and Vincelot staying I'd possibly look at another midfielder instead of another CB, maybe Assulin back on loan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
think it'll partially depend on how many subs we're allowed next season. Does anyone know if it's going to be 5 or 7?

that will be decided at the Chairmens' Annual Meeting which is sometime in July - no idea if it will be on the agenda even. It was supposed to be a money saving decision - not sure which exotic 5-star location the meeting will be held in this year - not sure how it really saves any money tbh as there seems to have been no noticeable reduction in squad sizes. Possibly the decision was made so late in the close season that the chairmen who made it had already authorised splashing cash on full squads so will want the 5-man-bench to run for a few years to justify their wisdom.

D

Deleted member 2719

Who would be in your 23-man squad for next season plus a handful of development players? Meaning who would you be encouraging to find pastures new?

GK
New, New, Brezovan

DEF

MID

ST

Meaning loanee's could become the new signings but that the following are replaced: Poke, Ankergren, Gonzalez, Vincelot, Painter, Taricco, Navarro, Sparrow, Harley, Hoskins.

I would agree with all your choices with the exception of Sparrow i would keep him as he can score from midfield (a frank lampard type player).

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
KEPPERS
New Keeper
Brezovan

DEFENDERS
Greer
Dunk
El Abd
Elphick
New RB
New LB (Mattock!)
Calderon
Hall

CENTRAL MID
Bridcutt
Caskey
Vicente
Vincelot
New CM
Dicker

WINGERS
Buckley
Noone
Lua Lua

FORWARDS
CMS
New Striker
Barnes
Agdestein

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
GK's:
1. New
2. Ankergren

RB:
1. New
2. Calderon

CB:
1. Greer
2. El-Abd
3. Dunk
4. Elphick

LB:
1. New
2. Painter

CM:
1. Bridcutt
2. New
3. Dicker
4. Forster-Caskey

AM/Wingers
1. Vicente
2. Lua Lua
3. Buckley
4. Noone
5. New
6. New

FW:
1. New
2. Barnes
3. Agdestein

7 new players - 5 of which I think need to be ready for first team football now and will improve the squad - GK, RB, LB, CM, FW.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

GK
New, New, Brezovan

DEF

MID

ST

The only thing I can't understand is why you'd keep Dicker but NOT Navarro. Navarro has been SUPERB this season, one of our best players in 2012 certainly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
GK's:
1. New
2. Ankergren

RB:
1. New
2. Calderon

CB:
1. Greer
2. El-Abd
3. Dunk
4. Elphick

LB:
1. New
2. Painter

CM:
1. Bridcutt
2. New
3. Dicker
4. Forster-Caskey

AM/Wingers
1. Vicente
2. Lua Lua
3. Buckley
4. Noone
5. New
6. New

FW:
1. New
2. Barnes
3. Agdestein

7 new players - 5 of which I think need to be ready for first team football now and will improve the squad - GK, RB, LB, CM, FW.

CMS?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009

Sell. He does not fit into the style of play that Gus wants. No matter what anyone says on here we will not play two up front. We should cut our losses and try again, especially if Reading are supposed to be interested - We might even get a profit!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
GK -
New GK
Ankergren

RB -
New RB
Calde

LB -
New LB (Mattock)
Vincelot

CB -
El Abd
Greer
Dunk
Elphick/New CB (big strong Butters type)

DM -
New DM (Razak/similar)
Bridcutt
Navarro

AM/Wingers -
Vicente
Lua Lua
Buckley
Assulin (season loan)
New AM
New AM

ST -
CMS
Barnes
New ST
New ST

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Keep vincelot as really is a decent player and not had fair chance this season as loan players and other reasons. So versatile and useful squad member when we only get 5 subs ! Keep nav on 1 year contract and sparrow as another good squad player. We need new left back, centre mid, striker and keeper. Not Gonzalez,painter,ankgren, vokes.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
KEPPERS
New Keeper
New Keeper

DEFENDERS
Greer
Dunk
El Abd
Elphick
New RB/LB