Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best places to eat Breakfast in Sussex

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Billies cafe has to be one of them. Honest plate of cooked breakfast which fills you up for hours. Reasonable price. The Hashes are amazing too. I like avocado, houmous and Halloumi but for me they have no place in a cooked breakfast plate. Baked beans on the plate as opposed to a tiny ramekin too.

Yours?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Baked beans on the plate as opposed to a tiny ramekin too.

IMG_5216.jpeg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
In Eastbourne for the best full English experience my vote goes to The Beatty Road Cafe not far from the harbour.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A shout-out for the Roedean Cafe by the pitch 'n' putt course. Large selection of breakfasts, available all day.

And yes, beans on the plate @Hovegull as God intended.

EDIT: Where is Billie's cafe?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Back in the day a long session of sports on the box in The Brunswick was not complete without a quality stomach liner from Harry's'

De nos jours, the quality and value in the B&G, Burgess Hill (especially the Boss Benedict) is formidable.

B&G.JPG

In Eastbourne for the best full English experience my vote goes to The Beatty Road Cafe not far from the harbour.
I'm a Cafe Continental man, on seaside road. Used to live above it, about twenty years ago or so. The toilet used to permanently smell like sausages, which is equal parts wonderful and dreadful, depending on the previous night's exploits. Never been to the Beatty Road cafe but its all Union Jacks etc isnt it? That doesnt half put me off

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Back in the day a long session of sports on the box in The Brunswick was not complete without a quality stomach liner from Harry's'

De nos jours, the quality and value in the B&G, Burgess Hill (especially the Boss Benedict) is formidable.

View attachment 190752
I always took you as an avocado on toast millennial, but grateful for the confirmation.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
You can get a full English for £7.99 at Tiffany's just west of Hove Lagoon on the A259.

Or, for a healthier option (as there is less of it), a breakfast burrito is £6 at 366 cafe on Carden Avenue. It's on another level. Yum.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wheelies in Portslade. Loads of choice from those with a small appetite up to ginormous going for the Trucker Breakfast.

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024
It’s good but there are some formidable rivals like Princes Cafe on Seaside and the Beach Cafe. And then there are the cut-above establishments like the Cafe Aroma in Old Town as well as the trendier Eggs Benedict emporia like Beanz and the Perch in Princes Park. The new Glasshouse on the front is good for that sort of late morning gear too.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm a Cafe Continental man, on seaside road. Used to live above it, about twenty years ago or so. The toilet used to permanently smell like sausages, which is equal parts wonderful and dreadful, depending on the previous night's exploits. Never been to the Beatty Road cafe but its all Union Jacks etc isnt it? That doesnt half put me off
Don't panic. It's not a English Defence League hang out and/or full of Ingerland hoolie types.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here