Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Game All Season says BBC

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Best game I've been to all season. :albion2:

Best game I've listened to all on season, via Talkshite.
Real Albion fan sound, instead of that canned shite.
Punditry total bollox, as per, but that didn't spoil MY night, whilst I was working nights.
On my own in office cheering loudly, with no one about to enquire of my bouts of Albion related tourettes :lolol:

UTA :albion2:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Best game I've listened to all on season, via Talkshite.
Real Albion fan sound, instead of that canned shite.
Punditry total bollox, as per, but that didn't spoil MY night, whi lst I was working nights.
On my own in office cheering loudly, with no one about to enquire of my bouts of Albion related tourettes :lolol:

UTA :albion2:

I had to listen to it on talkshite as I was on the M25. I disagree it was the usual punditry as I believe it was on another level of poor. I never minded Danny Mills on radio 5 but now Joey Barton aside I think he is the worst pundit I have ever heard. He slated us for making a billion pound in the Premier league and not buying a striker. Sam Whatshisface didn't help either. According to him we have been at the Amex 6 years. However it was a memorable listen due to the Amex Crowd and Albion performance. As soon as the final whistle went I switched it to Radio 5.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I had to listen to it on talkshite as I was on the M25. I disagree it was the usual punditry as I believe it was on another level of poor. I never minded Danny Mills on radio 5 but now Joey Barton aside I think he is the worst pundit I have ever heard. He slated us for making a billion pound in the Premier league and not buying a striker. Sam Whatshisface didn't help either. According to him we have been at the Amex 6 years. However it was a memorable listen due to the Amex Crowd and Albion performance. As soon as the final whistle went I switched it to Radio 5.

What would you give, if you could shove a cattle prod down the radio..

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Guardian Football Weekly had a nice bit devoted to it. Barry Glendenning waxing lyrical over Trossard's goal and why he preferred it to Fodens.

That is the nicest GFW have been to us all season, they gleefully lapped up the Burn and Trossard goals, correctly praised Foden's goal and didn't even mention Ali J's tackle. Very enjoyable to listen to.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I did think that in neutral analysis. There was a decision the ref made, can't remember what it was, where I felt we wouldn't have got it had the fans not been present. I think we may see a little more of this in the final knockings as refs learn to adjust to supporters being back. They're only human. Not to take anything away from a great night though. Albion were worth the win.

Saturday, and we may see the reverse in action. Although Arsenal is such a library the ref may not feel so pressured...

Whichever broadcaster has the Arsenal game should give us the option of fake crowd noise via the red button.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Probably the best game we've played this season, from a neutral's perspective, is the 3-2 defeat to Man Utd. End to end chances, plenty of near misses, lead changing hands 3 times, VAR involved more than once and (very) last minute drama and controversy.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Apart from the Albion games my favourite this season was Palace 0 Liverpool 7 - thinking about it still makes me chuckle. :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How does it fit in the pantheon of games you've seen? For me, it may well be the most enjoyable game I've seen at the Amex. I can't really compare it with games 10, 20, 30 or 40 years* ago as I saw the world through different eyes back then.

Edit, er, also 50+ years ago. FFS. I'm 63 today. Rock and roll!

Happy birthday, young man

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Best game I've seen all season. Never thought we'd beat them, but we did and deserved to.

I was not going to watch Match of the day expecting a huge frashing but at the last minute i switched on, when City scored their early goal and then a second i was about to call it a day but when City had a man sent off i thought we might just get a token goal but few would have expected a draw,Albion in fact did not go into a very defensive style and showed style in taking the game to City which resulted in an unbelievable win

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How does it fit in the pantheon of games you've seen? For me, it may well be the most enjoyable game I've seen at the Amex. I can't really compare it with games 10, 20, 30 or 40 years* ago as I saw the world through different eyes back then.

Harry birthday Happy.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Heeeey! Many happy returns HWT

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Heeeey! Many happy returns HWT

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
5 Live football commentator Ali Bruce Ball was at the match last night and he called it "the best game he's seen all season"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000wf8h (44 mins in)

For fans - obviously . I'd say it even pushes aside Liverpool (A) . But for neutrals. ? It did have the comeback, the return of fans, great goals from Foden and Trossard, Dan Burn, the niggle between Potter and Pep, the various VAR talking points, the sending off and a big surprise result for the Champions - 10 days out from a Champions League final. So quite a match ? But game of the season ? ?
Any others - Liverpool - Villa ?

For pure entertainment value, I’m not sure it gets any better than last night

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Great fun. Weird then that 5 Live this morning relegated it below Man Utd, because Cavani scored a great goal in a virtually meaningless match, and Chelsea’s win (fair enough). All we got was an ‘elsewhere Brighton beat 10 man Manchester City’ - cos, you know, they lose all the time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Realised I replied to [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] answer and ignored your post. But it is as he said.

Happy birthday to you :cheers:

Not sure if I mentioned it last time there was a birthday thread for you :whistle: but you share the date with my dad. He's older and the silly old bugger isn't answering his phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here