Hunt & St John
Mariner & Brazil
Osgood & Hutchinson
Radford & Kennedy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Quite shocked this one hasn't been mentioned.

Henry & Bergkamp. Surely the classiest strike force of all time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Erm, they were superb? Absolutely perfect attributes for a partnership.

I thought this thread was titled 'best double act'!?

When you're quoting partnerships, like Sheringham and Shearer which very nearly delivered Euro success, Heskey/Owen was almost fleeting and entirely down to whether Owen was in form or not. Heskey's 7 goals in 62 appearances is evidence of that. You may as well say Beckham/Owen was the better partnership in terms of goals and assists.

...and now you've gone from saying Heskey/Owen was superb to then quoting Henry/Bergkamp. If H&O were superb, then there aren't superlatives in the English language to describe Henry and Bergkamp.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The best double act I've ever seen are my mate and his wife when they've had a couple of beers.:D:cheers:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought this thread was titled 'best double act'!?

When you're quoting partnerships, like Sheringham and Shearer which very nearly delivered Euro success, Heskey/Owen was almost fleeting and entirely down to whether Owen was in form or not. Heskey's 7 goals in 62 appearances is evidence of that. You may as well say Beckham/Owen was the better partnership in terms of goals and assists.

...and now you've gone from saying Heskey/Owen was superb to then quoting Henry/Bergkamp. If H&O were superb, then there aren't superlatives in the English language to describe Henry and Bergkamp.

In terms of a double act complementing each other, very few strike forces are as made for each other as Heskey and Owen. The fact you mention Heskey's goals record suggests you are looking at them very differently to me. Heskey is one of the most unselfish players ever to play for England.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In terms of a double act complementing each other, very few strike forces are as made for each other as Heskey and Owen. The fact you mention Heskey's goals record suggests you are looking at them very differently to me. Heskey is one of the most unselfish players ever to play for England.

Paul Scholes was unselfish and still managed 14 goals from 66 games from midfield!

You've probably answered this yourself though really with the 'Heskey and Owen were made for each other'. In a romantic notion of the big strong striker being able to hold it up, knock it through to set it the nippy no.9 then yes they were made for each other. The reality wasn't quite as good as the romance, neither for club or country. Good partnership, yes. Great or superb, no.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
3 pages and nobody has even mentioned

ward and mellor

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Jonny Byrne and Micky Small , Mike and Bernie Winters ,Zippy and George , Lennie Bennet and Jerry Stevens , The Krankies , Peter Glaze and Don Maclean(crakerjack) Zig and Zag ,Lillie and Thompson, Ronnie and Reggie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here