Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckford Red Card, What Happened??

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There's movement towards Dunks head but I can't actually see that he made contact, if he had surely Dunk would have reacted - I got it just as a bit of provoking

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Beckford asked the lino to get the ref to send him off because it was to ****ing cold to play football.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Haven't seen any replay but at ther time (and I was sat right in front of the incident) I thought it was because of Beckford slapped the crumpled Dunk on the side of the back as he had a go at him for "making a meal" of the challenge.

hack

Feb 24, 2009
Don't know if this is a stupid question, but to those saying Danns should have been a straight red, what's the difference? Isn't it a one-game ban for a professional foul, or a one-game ban for 2 bookings? Shame the ref didn't play the advantage, but didn't think he was as bad as several this season...

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
here's what hapened, as most have said linesman flags when Beckford touches your player not for anything said to him. A very harsh decision I dont think it was anything other than Beckford telling him to get up

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
here's what hapened, as most have said linesman flags when Beckford touches your player not for anything said to him. A very harsh decision I dont think it was anything other than Beckford telling him to get up

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

What it does illustrate is how thick footballers can be. As with Cisse getting a red for QPR v Wolves, the player really only has himself to blame. Beckford isn't attempting to help Dunk up, or check he's okay, it's a provocative slap probably with a bit verbals. He was at it first half in front of us, and looked wound up to me.

I'm not saying it should be red, but the player gives the officials a decision to make when he doesn't have to. This wasn't a 50-50 challenge, he had time to think about his actions. Either help Dunk up or walk away. It shouldn't be hard for a professional.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
lino didn't flag till after Beckford walks away from Dunk so can't see how it would have been anything he said to the lino. The FA have sent their report so will be interesting to see what that says.

As for did he/didn't he kick Dunk in the head, it makes no difference, even if no contact was made, if in the opinion of ref/lino there was intent. Players can stand nose to nose screaming at each other, no problem but if one moves his head forwards as if to head butt then it’s a straight red for violent conduct. Raised hands, a flick with foot or hand, an elbow towards other player, makes no difference if no contact or hard contact they are all straight reds. So no it’s not harsh one little bit, if that’s how the lino saw it. Players have only got themselves to blame.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Beckford by all accounts shouted at Dunk

'You're f*****G better than Crystal Palarse'

yellow card for swearing (not the f word the other two words) and a yellow card for stating the bleeding obvious.

Hence the red.

Simples.

TNBA

TTF

AaaHA!
A little close inspection and you can easily see Dunk's head move as Beckford walks away. A deliberate clip on the back of the head.
So, actually worse than a stand-up strike to the face and way more cowardly of Beckford to hve done. Certainly no accident either.
Well done linesman, and shove it Beckford for being a dirty and cowardly twat.

I wouldn't be surprised if he (and his team-mates) wasn't instructed to wind up our players due to our 'suspect' disciplinary record. Shame that we had another harshly sent off to even things up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here