Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] BBC 4 & BBC iPlayer tonight - Threads (1984 film)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Thought it might take over from twitter but it has a ways to go yet.
Pah, it was shite, I gave it about a dozen posts and just found it painful to use.

As for the excellent film of the same title, when I suggested watching tonight as a family with my teenage son I was surprised to learn my 56 year old wife had never heard of it nor had a clue about its subject matter

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There is already a THREAD on this -

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Pah, it was shite, I gave it about a dozen posts and just found it painful to use.

As for the excellent film of the same title, when I suggested watching tonight as a family with my teenage son I was surprised to learn my 56 year old wife had never heard of it nor had a clue about its subject matter
just went to remind me as to why I would never wish to survive one.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
There is already a THREAD on this -

so sorry

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I am also 56 ... and I also have no recollection of it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
In a spooky case of foreshadowing, just after Jimmy has told his family that he and Ruth are expecting a baby, in the next scene he is feeding his birds while listening to the news on the radio.

One of the news items reports the death of four people when their car was in collision with a lorry on a motorway.

The actress who played Ruth and Jimmy's grown up teenage daughter was called Victoria OKeefe. In 1990 she and three friends died when their car was in collision with a lorry on a motorway.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
In the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s there was always the threat of an imminent nuclear holocaust. The air rain siren on the Preston Circus fire station was always being tested in readiness. We had a cellar and my Dad had it full of canned goods and containers of water just in case. The “Protect & Survive” information broadcasts weren’t pleasant either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here