Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] BBC 4 & BBC iPlayer tonight - Threads (1984 film)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just a heads up if you're not aware, but one of the most horrific films I've ever seen is making a very rare reappearance on TV tonight. If you've never seen it before, watch it but brace yourself.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just a heads up if you're not aware, but one of the most horrific films I've ever seen is making a very rare reappearance on TV tonight. If you've never seen it before, watch it but brace yourself.

Thanks for the heads up (y)

On a side note, those of the ex military persuasion during the 80's may remember the information films that were shown to us, about the dangers of communist interaction in trying to get info on western secrets.
It all seems surreal now where we have MI5 warnings of Russian cyber and general interference in the UK's day to day business.

Last edited:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
TY for the prompt. Not seen it for decades and I always tell people it's the scariest film I've ever seen.

Never seen it but heard a lot about it. Is it graphically scary or psychologically, regarding a potential post apocalyptic world?

Jul 20, 2003
Written by Barry Hines who also wrote 'A Kestrel For A Knave' (Kes) AND played football for Crawley Town.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Watched it a few months ago on You Tube. Nightmare stuff. I do believe if it does kick off, all Russia has to do is switch off the grid and America will destroy itself. Far cleaner for the environment.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If anyone doesn’t mind having the crap shaken out of them BBC4 and Iplayer is screening the 1984 nuclear drama at 10.00 this evening.
I saw it once, brutal, hard. Maybe a copy should be sent to all world leaders.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We were shown it at school. Put the absolute shits up me.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I remember watching it as a kid and it's always stuck with me.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Didn’t watch it last night but the full film has been on YouTube for a while. Watched it a few years ago and it only strengthens my desire to die in the first attack. Wouldn’t want to be knocking around for the aftermath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here