Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
win 9-0 on pre season tour of japan.

i know these clubs go to these countries to maximise a money making scheme but the club must realise that it is not the ideal pre season.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton Boy said:
win 9-0 on pre season tour of japan.

i know these clubs go to these countries to maximise a money making scheme but the club must realise that it is not the ideal pre season.

well the manager/coaching staff/players know its pointless and too far for players to go before a season.....but its all about the £$£$£ these days and thats what the Club want.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They have had loads of pre season games all ready just a few games in the far east to get some money in

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I think the sides in the far east especially Japan (which must be the strongest Asian League) give these big European sides a good game. Ok Barca just won 9-0 but Madrid lost 3-0 against Tokyo Verdy in that Beckham spitting game and Man Utd just lost to Kashiwa last week, both fielded pretty strong sides. Cant see much difference with playing out here than playing a European Tour.

OK the distance they travel is a bit obscene but sitting in a first class cabion on a plane cant do the players too much damage and of course they are really here for the money but on the whole I think its a good thing, fans living far far away can get to see a game or two and the profile of football is raised in these developing (in football terms) countries.

Good on them i say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here